How to clean Arai with matt paint finish?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by JM1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Can anyone advise what to use to safely clean an Arai with a matt paint finish?

EDIT: Oops, can mods please move to correct section (Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products) - thanks.

#1 JM1, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I have an AGV with mat finish, soapy water and furniture polish has always been good for me?

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Yeah, Mr Sheen is what I'm using just now (also for polishing bike).
    Just wondering if anyone had any different views.

4. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

First of all, forget about using wax, detail spray, ArmorAll or almost any run-of-the-mill products. Everything needs to be matte paint safe, including the cloth you use. Nothing abrasive can come into play like polishes or glazes
    Use an alcohol-based window cleaner, or even just a 50/50 mix of alcohol and deionized water to spot clean pesky bug guts (a matte paint cleaner works too). Spray the spot and wet your microfiber cloth then let the spot soak so it softens. Don’t skip soaking the cloth, using it dry will damage the finish irreparably and it’s going to leave shiny spots that look horribly obvious. Some paint factories also suggests saturating a cloth with tar remover and laying it over any stuck-on debris for five minutes to ensure safe removal.
    Wash helmet with soap and with clean water. Because matte paint is very sensitive.
    Finally, use a matte-safe finish like Matte Paint Wax to discourage road muck from sticking to your helmet, just make sure it’s specifically made for matte paint.

5. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Thankyou BlackDevil!