How to remove the "side" reflectors on the 2017 Fireblade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by MikeB, Jun 20, 2017.

1. MikeB

MikeB Active Member

HI,

I was lucky enough to take delivery of a new 2017 Fireblade in black today.
    It has some horrible orange reflectors at the bottom of the forks kind of attached to the brake callipers.
    I'd love to remove them but cannot find any easily accessible screw heads or bolts to remove them.
    Has anyone done this and has any tips?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

IMG_2746.JPG

Could be that it's on a bracket under the front mudguard rear bolt or could be attached somehow to the caliper spacer

3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Angle grinder ;)

OK how about warming with a hair dryer to see if they are glued, or alternatively ring the dealer you got it from to ask them.

4. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

Looks like its on a bracket. You'll need to take the wheel out and the front fender off to gain access by the looks of it.

Capture.JPG

5. MikeB

MikeB Active Member

Thanks - good grief - more effort than I wanted to go through to just reach a bolt to get them off.
    By the way - which site did you get the part exploded view off?

6. TheRamJam

Fowlers mate

7. TheRamJam

in fact you don't need to take the wheel out. Unscrew bolt no 14 and that should do it pal

8. MikeB

MikeB Active Member

Thanks mate.
    Interesting- after you posted the image I had a longer look and you can see nut 15 on the back of the reflector. One pair long nose pliers to grab hold of it (you cant get a spanner in the gap but you can see enough edges to get a grip) and the reflector screws off.
    I may take the bracket off too, trying big bolt 14, but the nearside one has the clip to hold the ABS sensor cable so I may need to figure something out for that. But at least for now the orange disks are gone.

Now to deal with Hondas bizarre idea of a "position" light (or what all used to call a side light) where they run both indicators in dimed mode (yes still orange) and then flash them bright for indication.
    It look bloody awful !
    Not sure how I'm going tot ackle this one. (I'll put up a new post and see what ideas anyone has)
    But one mod after a time on a brand new bike :)