HRC ECU conversion on a HISS equipped Blade ( 07 )

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Rob Martinson, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Rob Martinson

Rob Martinson New Member

Howdy ,
    I have just finished fitting a HRC ECU to my bike as per instructions I found on a couple of sites including one from ' Rogue Racing' and every thing is working until I hit the start button . When I press it the headlight dims which to me suggests either a short somewhere or the HISS is still involved somewhere in the circuit ..... Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do or does it have something to do with the ECU itself ? Thanks

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Normally the headlight dims due to the load from the starter motor. I take it that everything worked before?
    I'll take a look at mine with the kill switch on and see if it dims too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Does it start if you plug the old one back in ?

4. Rob Martinson

Rob Martinson New Member

5. Rob Martinson

Rob Martinson New Member

Howdy , no I put the old ECU back in just out of curiousity but no difference , that didn't surprise me though as the bike now has a US spec wiring loom which according to the information I got should have been all that was needed . The right ups i saw on the CBR1000RR Forum site falls well short of what is required for the conversion ; an example being I now have to change the left hand switch block as the US loom doesn't cater for Hazard lights and pass light . The saga continues ...... :/

6. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Sounds like a can of worms. Out of curiosity ..why are you changing it ?

7. Rob Martinson

Rob Martinson New Member

8. Rob Martinson

Rob Martinson New Member

Two reasons ,one I am 60 years old and want the chance to ride my bike with HRC upgrade and secondly for my youngest son who races a R6 in F2 and will pass the bike on to him when he wants to have a go at F1 . This was the only chance money wise to give it a go but as you can see despite write up's by those that say they have done the conversion is it would appear to be missing vital information . I am determined to see it though . Going to take it to a shop next week who does all the reflashs etc for the racers here in Auckland and he will connect her up to the computer via the command port and that I hope will give him the info he needs to bypass the HISS outyright .

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Rob, member @RC45 on the US forum should be able to assist. He runs a never-ending thread of conversion of his 2017 SP2 to a full-race bike. I am fairly sure he's familiar with the HRC ECU.