HRC swingarm for 06/07 Fireblade .

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by kev.b, Sep 20, 2014.

1. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

Wanted . HRC swingarm for 06/07 Fireblade must be in good condition . :D

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Take it you want it for free as your not spending any more money this year Kev ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Well you got to ask coz you never know right..

If I remember right the HRC arm requires a special shock to fit the top hat linkage. They used a WP shock that had the gas reservoir underneath. There were a number of people making similar arms, KR, Harris and GPMS etc
    I think some people had new top hats and linkage made to run a OEM style shock, also most were modded for quick release endurance style rear wheel and sprocket hubs, finding a mint one, well that would NOT be easy unless someone had as part up raced item or a restored one, most that I see for sale are missing parts that also adds to the nightmare of getting one fitted up, the KR arms were used by the PBM Stobart bikes if I remember right, I think they ran a number of configurations with WP and Ohlins but the story's and info were told to me yonks ago now. A chap on here did post a pic a while back and owned a genuine race bike with KR arm etc in it, was a nice bike!

At one stage I had a good number of race parts from that season, dash, electronics, shock, arm, airbox even a f1 cut gearbox, sold them all for profit as wanted at the time to get an ex BSB motor, but after lots of hard work etc I aborted the mission and have what I have now.

If I see one I will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Think he wants it delivered the 2nd of Jan 2015 so he can justify it wasn't this year ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

tbh I think you'd be better just sending off your s/arm to harris and get them to mod it with the underslung caliper mount etc.costs about 1k(mate just had his 08 done so going off that price),then you'll need the caliper etc.

I know of a very bling q/r set up,but that's running 16.5" dymags,not sure how cheap,or even if you could mod it to take a standard wheel.that was originally made by spondon,you wont find a tricker swingarm though,put the harris/hrc ones to shame :)