If you want to enjoy your bike, move out to the country!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Unity, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Unity

Unity Active Member

Whenever I want to go anywhere, it requires riding a fair distance on an unmarked road that only has 2 low population towns, that don't even have traffic departments :)

I had to ride to the nearest big town today, I took some back mountain roads.

It was like an hour long orgasm!

I'm happier than I've felt in a looooong time.

It's like a drip with happy drugs in my arm, lasting the whole day, long after the ride!

Move out to the country side, I double dare you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I live in the country, so can easily relate to your feelings.

However, I do experience some 'coitus interruptus' from errant Volvo drivers seeking out the nearest lawn bowls or bingo club, thereby cutting short that hour-long pleasure of which you speak!:eek::)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unity

Unity Active Member

I don't understand what you mean by the volvo drivers cutting your riding experience short. If they get in your way just pass them?

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Fair enough, Unity. This might be something you don't experience in S.A. In the main, Volvo drivers are daydreamers. That means, as soon as you go to overtake them, they'll make a right-hand turn - even if there's no bleedin' street there!!

5. Unity

Unity Active Member

Lol, that sucks. Now I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I am sorry guys in my books. volvo drivers are old cliche! Replaced with:

On the motorway: lorries full of loose metal pars & debris nilecy spreading out for you to hit or

Non motorway: SUV's, parents taking their most precious belonging to / from school, ( I can be more precise at the risk of being politically incorrect:rolleyes:)

And the mother of all spoilers: road works, poor road resurfacing and pot holes.

When I ride my CBE, I do take the route with minimum content of the above but it is a loosing battle. No mountain road or orgasm over her just the challenge of making back with some pleasure and not too much damage:):(

7. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Difference is Unity, SA roads are far more open than UK roads with much less traffic and better visibility on the whole. Even in the country here, you have to get up early for clear roads.

That said, the standards of driving are far higher here.

8. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Our worst offenders at the best biking times are tractors, going 20 mph when you are making good progress half way round a corner, then putting mud all over the race track, I mean road But I don't mind a nice bit of veg so can't complain to much

9. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

I’m retiring to the countryside in Southern Ireland at the end of the month. The country lanes over there roads aren’t too well maintained from what I’ve seen over there so I may have to consider a Street Tripple or similar. In addition I’ve been told Ireland only has two seasons - Winter and 16th June

10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Potholes are the worst ever at the moment!

Screenshot_2018-04-14-11-31-14-1.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member