If you where HRC would you keep Pedrosa?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Remal, Sep 2, 2013.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Without a doubt number 58 was indeed a spanner in the works for most of the factory teams with his talent and riding ability.
    Personalities, Marc enjoys his job and it shows, Cal .. British bulldog spirit ...
    For boring no personalities machines then look to F1 ...at least the MotoGP guys know that their lives could end in free practice 1 and accept It with a grin and shrug of the shoulders

2. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

Marquez is definitely the man of the moment, he is uber talented, but i don`t think its a rider race anymore. We are now down to a one make championship = Honda.It is getting boring watching the same 3 fuclk off into the distance.

3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

The thing is though, Pedrosa is still a very quick and capable rider, second in the championship is still very credible, he's just been eclipsed, the same as everyone else has, by Marquez.
    From his point of view it must be very demoralising after the back end of last season, he no doubt thought that this year would be his time, after all he is beating Lorenzo with a good points margin at the moment.
    If he holds Lorenzo to third then second to Marc is still quite a triumph.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Good point well made Tom.

Hrc might just shift their focus and development onto Marquez as the lead rider, whilst dani might be the no.2 rider to help fend off the yanaha's as he is still a good squad member?

Who knows how they think.

But they normally want the next best thing as no.2 to take over when no.1 fades... Just didn't expect MM to take that position in the team in half a season. Lol

Who knows, dani might finish strong and come out guns blazing next year...

But I doubt it ;)

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Ok MCN is almost as bad as reading the Sun but reading this weeks and HRC boss say Pedrosa position is not in serious risk
    WTF why not. He's been there 8 years never won the title even through it's been the best bike for the last 8 years.
    Hayden came won and left, stoner came and won and left, Marc came first year on a New bike and beat Pedrosa

They really need to get some fresh and new talent

I agree Pedrosa is a good rider but will always be the nearly man to me. Talented but many others just that big better

Hoping HRC get fresh blood for 2015 and hoping Pedrosa stays in moto GP bug goes to a team more suited to him

Like Ducati maybe

• Like Like x 1
  6. beavis

beavis Active Member

Remal you know why he keeps his seat , his manager. Sad fact but true. Any other rider would have been binned long ago. For me Dovi is and was a better rider than him. Hopefully end of this season we some positive changes and less of the old pals act.

7. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Lucky for him, he is a Spanish rider riding for a Spanish sponsored team! Yes Marquez has eclipsed him in his first year, but after Lorenzo and Marquez he is the fastest rider.

Rossi got his place back at yamaha ahead of Cal because of the sponsors he brings with him, he's not the fastest anymore but can still win races.

And the midget pedrosa is in a similar position

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

His manager has left to work in other areas of HRC, and as said with Marc from Spain lets hope Dani moves on