I'm back, well almost....

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Cornish, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Si, oh no that means abuse time for Cornish then....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome back again :)

3. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome back Cornish!

4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome or welcome back to the madhouse

5. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Thanks Guys!

Anyone trading in an HRC 50th with full Akrya system to Ducati Manchester perchance?

6. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Ok so an update on the HRC. IM LOVING IT!!! It's easy to forget with all the "bling" bikes out there that I've had the pleasure to own just how good the blade is.

I commute most days on it and it's so comfortable and easy to ride in "go slow mode". Then when you want to have some fun you simply open it up and let rip, the things a bullet on full throttle!

The styling and quality of build is spot on in my opinion and people are always drawn to it when it's parked up.

I fitted the USB charger and heated gloves cables the other day, what a joy compared to doing that on the 848!

My only niggle is a vibration at 6k revs that seems to come and go when it wants, any ideas what this maybe guys? I've checked the bar ends and they're ok, the battery and that's secured properly so was going to double check the tank cover and surrounding bits at the weekend.

All I can say is that the wife over spending on the house build which forced me to sell my 848 was the best thing to happen this year as the HRC has turned out to be the perfect bike for me currently. (Si, yes I'm sure I'll be buying another bike in 6 months as usual).

Ps. It's is really worth looking at getting a slip on can sorted? If so any recommendations that are simple to do?

Pps. What about a quick shifter guys? I've had them on the last three bikes and am starting to miss it. Any recommendations?

Cheers. Cornish

7. Norkygaz

Norkygaz Active Member

Welcome Cornish!

• Like Like x 1
  8. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Hi and welcome:)
    Currently saving for an HM GP quickshifter,handles everything from dailly commute to trackday if i ever do one.

9. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Thanks.

So you reckon the HM GP is the best bet? I was thinking the Lite version.

10. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

The GP has variable settings for each gear,rpm and throttle opening and is the only one that is designed to safely go from 1st to 2nd gear. There's a couple of folk on this site got one and say it is excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

You agreed RRoss. I've just gotta 'hide' some monies from the Doris then to get one....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Any advice guys....

I've just bought a Piper Worx exhaust from a fellow forum member with a link pipe and aiming to fit it this week sometime.

What happens with the lambardar sensor from the stock exhaust then?

Any advice and guidance would be appreciate my friends.

Still loving the blade, and although I planned to keep it stock I've succumbed to buying some stubby leavers already as well.

13. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

If the new pipe doesn't have a hole to fit it I believe you'll need an O2 eliminator.

14. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

I haven't even checked the box yet I've been that busy. Ok that's good advice thanks.

If I don't bother with the link pipe (most or ally will though) I presume the end can simply slides on and still allows the O2 sensor to work ok?

15. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

Well I fitted the Piper Werx exhaust, it took a little time to familiarise myself with the system removal yet overall a very simple job to do once you remove the servo motor cable which controls the emission flap in the exhaust and ensures I greases/lubricated the link pipe connection and it was sorted.

The exhaust was loud to say the least yet no problems with F1 codes as the link pipe had an O2 sensor slot. Nor any problems with curling on the throttle and it sounded mega.

However I decided to swap it back to the original due to vocal complaints from the neighbours when starting it up at 0600 .

Anyhow a question- I've noticed a vibration at 6k revs upwards it's not consistent every time I hit those revs yet more than often. I've checked the usual places to ensure all the bolts are torqued correctly, battery, seat bolts etc. yet can't seem to find the cause. Any ideas guys?

Still loving the flexibility of rising the blade either to work through traffic or blasting it down quite empty roads.

16. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

So I'm slowly getting a few bits (it was bound to happen) and have a set of ASV levers to fit tomorrow morning which I got from SPS170373. They're lush.

I've still got this intermittent vibration which seems to come from/up from the seat area that kicks in at 6k revs. Anyone shed some light on what it might be?

Loving the bike, I commute everyday when I can and man its a pleasure to ride in traffic or on the pace.

I've had the suspension sorted by MD Racing in Walton on Thames (he's done all my bikes) and it now turns in lovely and I get more feedback from the ride.

I'll update you again after the ride out with the ASVs.

Cornish.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

I managed to have a nice A and B road out on the bike yesterday after having fitting the ASV levers.

Wow, what a difference, it never ceases to amaze me that you get what you pay for these days and these levers are worth every penny!

The feel and adjustability in the them is brilliant and they feel so solid due to the great feedback you get from them.

I've played around with the bite point on the clutch, and varying the span of the levers to ensure they work for me, i'm 100% happy with them and SPS170773, thank you!

Although in my other threads i said I'd try these and then if i liked them buy a colour i wanted, stupid me, i've got a flipping HRC model with GOLD wheels, so they blend in brilliantly; so i'll be sticking with these then!

Yes there is a little play in the brake one prior to the brake bite point, yet thats the standard Honda master cylinder for you, NOT the lever. I was advised to get a Brembo Master Cylinder, but i don't race so won't be bothering with that idea.

The plan is now:-
    - find out WTF is this vibration that kicks in at 6k revs that comes through the seat only area (maybe the subframe needs checking as the battery is fixed solid)
    - sell the PiperWorx's exhaust to fund a 2nd hand Taylormade Exhaust for my 2009 model

Loving being back on a Blade, yes i miss my Ducati's, yes i am thinking about an 899 next year (when the Doris stops spending) yet it is hard to imagine what an 899 will offer me that the Blade doesn't already.

Cornish

Ps. if anyone wants a set of short Pazzo 'copy' levers, in black, with red adjusters, let me know, cover the postage and there yours!

18. Cornish

Cornish Active Member

So, three hard weeks of work, a weeks holiday, the worst weather of the year and the end of things to do every weekend meant I finally managed to get back on the blade for fun and not to commute.

Yet the battery had drained, Damm, ah ha don't worry I charged it the week before as I had tried to go for a fun run last Saturday. Man how small is the battery!!!!! Jesus, I'm amazed it last so long.

The skies were clear and kind with the sun making an extra effort to try and take the chill away, Saturday morning beckoned...for two pints of milk.

The longest trip to get milk I've ever had; off via Guildford, Dorking, down to Midhurst with a final stop in Cobham to get the milk!

Man this bike does it all. Heated gloves, thicker thermals under the jeans, an extra layer or two under the leather jacket and toasty flipping toasty. Thank you.

It never misses a beat, it installs confidence in your ability to push a little further, not because your going guns. No, because it gives you the confidence to brake a little later, tip in that second further down the road than usual and asks you to put the power down earlier because you've got the line, entry, apex and exit pretty much spot on; all at 36 mph on a 50mph road. Go figure.

Anyway the vibration at 6k seems to have gone, maybe taking the seat off to take the battery out had something to do with it. Don't know. Don't care.

Loving the blade.

• Like Like x 1
  19. madfish2001

madfish2001 Active Member

Welcome (back) to the forum.
    Enjoy the banter.