Infill panel for 2012-13 bike

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by ccr32, Mar 27, 2015.

1. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Looking for an exhaust infill panel for a 2013 bike.

I don't really mind what/what material, as long as it doesn't break the bank.

Austin Racing aluminium ones are £60 delivered new, so something for less than that would be ideal! :)

2. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Anyone? Dust?

3. bladeaddict

bladeaddict Active Member

Also looking for an infill for my 2013 with a LV can. Tried an Austin Racing one but wouldn't match the shape of the bottom plastics. It would have been ok for a pre 2012 model. Also a pain trying to return it. Spoke with Race Fit but they state theirs want fit on a different brand can which is also what scorpion also stated. However some think maybe the scorpion may fit with some tweaking of the bracket ? Still a £95 gamble though :(

4. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Interesting feedback there bladeaddict - I've just had a response from Scorpion too who have said that the panel fits to the fairing so shoudn't be too much of a problem getting it on the bike, but that it might foul the exhaust depending on what exhaust you are then using.

The chap has also told me that it is £67 delivered, so compariable to the Austin Racing one.

With regards to the AR, they list two different versions on their website, one for 2008-2011 bikes, and one for 2012-2014, so presumably the latter should fit nicely?

If that is the case, I guess the question is what do you prefer, ABS plastic or aluminium.... (if buying new of course - if still open to offers if anyone has one up for grabs!)

5. bladeaddict

Mine was 2012-2014 AR one. Awful fit which others have also stated on here. Not even close to the 2012 model pretty sure it was for the 08-11 model. AR stated it should fit despite the different can but wrong shape for 2013 in my case. AR where helpful when buying but on returning less so. Did not answer my calls or texts but when called him on the wife mobile pick up straight away. Did get a full refund in the end ;)

6. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Oh wow... interesting experience with AR... thanks for the heads up!

From the pics I have seen the Scorpion one seems to be a pretty good fit, but I guess the proof is in the pudding...

[​IMG]

7. bladeaddict

Answer from a previous post

"The Scorpion infill bolts to their silencer box and also to the frame. You will have to make some sort of bracket I would think but shouldn't be too difficult.
    If you are using any infill other than from the manufacturer of the exhaust you fit you'll probably have the same issue.
    Have a look at the fitting instructions on the Scorpion website.''

You buy it first and let me know :)

8. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Haha, fair enough :) Will let you know how I get on

9. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Bought this and has been delivered. Offered up to the bike and it will fit, but will probably need a bit of butchering to get it on there properly. Plus, the only hole to which you can mount it is the one fairing belly pan mount, then you'd need to fashion a bracket of some sort for it to fit to either the link pipe of your exhaust or somewhere else.

I have emailed Scorpion to say that unfortunately it is no good for me, so would they accept a return, but not heard anything back yet. Therefore, if anyone else here wants it in the meantime, drop me a message.

10. Rr9

Rr9 New Member

Did you buy a austin racing infill

11. hitch

hitch Elite Member

That was 5 years ago o_O