Instagram

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mk3golfcab, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Dirty git sat on the bog with your phone..I wouldn't want to be buying that second hand :eek:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

So I guess you won't want my recent MCN copies?:D:D;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Only thing it's fit for getting :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I don't get shit all over the place you know! :D

I have to have something to do while I'm there, to be fair I'm there longer than I need to be...... You know when you get up and you feel like you got stumps at the end of your legs...... Yep been there too long o_O:rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Couldn’t agree more. I do have a Facebook account, but it seems to be full of people posting self praise, political opinions or what they’ve had for dinner. I guess that’s why I’ve unfollowed about two thirds of my friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

I haven't done Facebook since my parents died about 6 years now. I used get up have a brew start scrolling and each time it would be memories of shit me or my kids had done with them and then each day became a hard shit one with me feeling lost ect. So fuck face book and its look at us arnt we happy or hey I'm on a better holiday than you or look im on a night out bull shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Unless its pictures of lovely ladys on nights out then like the shallow pig I am I could be tempted back .

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

@prime_performance_gym :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Is that anything like having stools at the end of your legs?:D:D;)

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Instagram and WhatsApp are owned by Facebook* so you have no hope of any privacy. They only exist to collect data they can sell and will resist/frustrate any attempt to restrict their ability to do so. I was on FB years ago but got fed up with their tactics such as the continual "accidental" resets of privacy settings to their preferred settings during upgrades.

As the saying goes, if you don't pay for the product you are the product.

*Instagram cost Facebook $1 Billion whilst WhatsApp cost them $19 Billion

11. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

By suckered in, I mean it ends up consuming far too much of your time. If you are on several platforms you just get suckered in, scrolling after scrolling. Like I say pick one and stick with it.
    I have
    Whatsapp - Mobile only (for me)
    Facebook
    Instagram

I use WhatsApp for sending pics (instead of texting them) as its not very social.

Facebook is my chosen platform, I post things if I'm doing something IE holidays, (mainly for the family's benefit) or out ont bike. I can't do with it sometimes, hence the digital detox.

Instagram I look at if I get a notification to say ??? has posted something. IE Elspeth Beard, or Ari Henning or Freddie etc. I don't spend my life scrolling on this platform. because it's shite. I've noticed a few YouTubers have been forced in to using instagram, but you can tell they ain't keen, but need to get their subcribers/followers numbers up. So now when they post something they have to put it on these bleeding social media platforms. In fact regardless of the platform you use you'll find that "famous" blogger/vloggers/posters etc rarely answer any question you post.
    Although Instagram/Facebook are very good if you need to approach a company that has provided bad service/products. I had a great result on facebook after buying some Arai dark visors whilst a was staying in Florida, USA. I couldn't have know the visors were the wrong ones whilst I was there and I had clarified that I want the GP spec of visor. They ignored repeated emails and repeated email. I put a comment of their facebook page and RESULT. Replacement visors sent via Fedex at no cost to me apart from import duties.

The thing is you have to have them all or else you'll miss little snippets.

What is the point of snap chat? Look at it twice or something like that and it's gone ( I know you can save it but I don't want to clutter my phone), even though legally Snapchat have to keep the data. CBA with that bollocks. Or Maybe I'm too old for this bollocks?

12. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Don’t have time for it.......I’m on too many forums! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

It's not as if he was out of bog roll and, in a pinch, used his phone to wipe his arse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Spygoat

Oh and no, I don't do social media. Wasn't allowed to have it when it became really popular and never got into it after the fact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Granted...but he's from that social media obsessed generation so probably photos one of himself curling one out every day...which entails him getting it perilously close to the old chocolate starfish :confused:

Aaaand here's Mondays effort everyone :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Spygoat

I see your point. His phone likely has some kind of fecal matter embedded in it.

17. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Indeed...and then he'll touch things like his helmet and leathers....would you want to buy anything off him second hand...I think not...:eek:

18. Spygoat

At this point, I am not sure I'd like to be in the same room as him. You've convinced me.

SHUN THIS MAN!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

WHIP HIM TOO!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

My daughter makes these fancy blankets and throws made from HUGE acrylic or merino wool and she sells a few on instagram. The mad feckers who buy them just strategically place them on the corner of a bed or chaise lounge and post pics of their lovely rooms!!!