Insurance? Motor Legal

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by RepsolSam, Jul 4, 2017.

1. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

Hi Guy..

Thinking of getting on my Repsol - trying to get insured..

MCE is quoting £325 for my 65 plate Repsol - however it does not include Motor Legal Protection...

Other companies with this included are £650 +

I spoke to MCE - they said not having this just means they will be handling any claims? Confused?

Thanks
    Sam

2. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Look at my previous posts on this. I have done this to death.

You don't need it, you are better off without it. It is a con.

It is the insurance companies additional revenue source which leaves riders with bigger issues in the event that they need legal representation.

3. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

Cool thanks... maybe if i get the bike insured i will get out on it... done 400miles in 2 years!

4. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

have a check on your home or car insurance or bank account . you might be paying for it on one of them anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. T.C

T.C Elite Member

You are right, most people have at least 2 or 3 legal expenses insurance policies through other areas of cover.

My policies are always quoted with LEI included and I am told it is free. As soon as I tell them to stuff it my premiums drop by anything from £20 to £50

Either way, with the odd exception, avoid using, or at least be aware that you are allowed to choose which legal representative you use.

Insurance companies can no longer dictate who you must use, but a CFA (no win no fee) is still the best way to gund a case.

6. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I was hit by a stolen car and had £2000 worth of damage, I thought luckily I had legal protection to help with my claim. I got in touch with them and they advised me to try and claim through the cars owners insurance, I was expecting them to actually do something for me rather than 20 seconds of advice, Total waste of money, I always opt out now

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I have a question based on my experience of dealing with an insurer when not having LEI.
    The inlaws were shunted by a driver a few years back and didn't have legal protection. We rang their insurer (as I helped sort their policy) who said that it was up to the policy holder to make a manual claim against the 3rd party as they had opted out of legal protection and they would not get invloved.
    Was this mis information?

8. T.C

T.C Elite Member

If the policy was comprehensive, then their insurers should have sorted out the damage to theor vehicle and then made the claim against the thord party.

Even in TPF&T policies, the claim can still be submitted by the policy holders insurers as a rear end shunt is strict liability.

The only time that legal representation is usually required is where litigation is likely such as liability being denied or personal injury and so yes your in laws were miss informed..

• Thanks Thanks x 1