Insurance renewal - gone up

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Sp0oner, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

As daft as it may sound try saying you may do more mileage than that. Low mileage could be viewed negatively by the underwriters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Cheers was going to requote on all the sites with 3k declared to see how much it changes as if it's minimal I was going to just chose that.

Edited a couple of sites to 3000 miles and they all went up in price except the comparethemarket quote with MCE stayed the same at £168 including breakdown cover so will probably just go with that and be done with. Seems a yearly swap back and forth between MCE and Bennetts.

#22 Sp0oner, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Just to update for those who need to look about soon Devitts (via GoCompare) came in the cheapest in the end for me with end can and power commander 3, 3k miles and change of fairings all declared via a phone call for £132.

4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Sounds an excellent bargain. Is that fully comp? What sort of xs if you don't m ind me asking.

5. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Yes fully comp with 4 years NCD and xs is £600 with no voluntary xs. Not protected NCD though or any extra like breakdown cover. I was going to go with MCE but when I looked at the breakdown cover included it really is the bare minimum of recovering you to somewhere within 20 miles of breaking down - for the difference in quotes I could get a basic AA policy with better cover than that.

6. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Mine's not up till July but will take a look at Devitts. I have 6yrs protected NCD and same total xs with £300 being voluntary. One spill in 2019 has made it £400 for me although that includes changing bike from 2012 to 2018 model. That's with no pax on the back too. Thanks for your reply.

7. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

No probs just thought i'd let others know if anyone else's goes up about where to look for best prices - Go Compare out of all the comparison sites was returning the best prices when I normally use Compare The Market and Devitt in previous years hadn't beaten MCE or Bennetts but this year it was miles better than both. I was surprised they added the PC3 with just a quick phone call for no extra charge as the Go Compare site doesn't allow you to declare mods so quotes are for standard bikes where as Compare The Market quotes allow you to declare and list mods so the quotes you get already cover them.

8. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

From the rare occasions I've ventured out in the past 9 months, I'd say it's the idiots left on the road that seem to have forgotten how to drive that is the cause of your premium increase.