Introducing myself - Forum Founder!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Rob, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I'm currently posting to no one as I'm the only member :D However, hopefully this will change soon!

I own a 2010 C-ABS CBR1000RR and I couldn't easily find a UK dedicated forum for our bike, so I thought I'd create one myself. I have little knowledge on web creation so studied for a little bit, invested some ££ in the best forum software (vBulletin 4) to give us a nice clean looking forum thats easy to use and navigate.

Anyway, the site does look a little bare right now and may take a while to get busy, but I will be here day and night so if you're bored and want to chat bikes and stuff put up a post!

Over and out

Rob

1000rr.co.uk founder

2. Ryan

Ryan Active Member

Hopefully it'll turn into a decent local 1000rr site. The big rr sites aren't great. If you need any help with vbulletin let me know i've my own site been running it for just over 2 years.

Cheers
    Ryan

3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ryan,

Agreed the big RR sites seemed very American to me and the other one was not too easy on the eye.

Thanks for your offer to help. I may well need it as I've been using vBulletin for, well, approx 1 day now - so pretty inexperienced!

4. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Hey mate, thanks for havin me. I'm a mod on two other Blade forums, but there's always room for another. Will do my best to keep posting and help when I can. Not too far from me either, I'm near Romney Marsh

5. matt

matt Active Member

hiya, this is the best and easiest to navigate round rr forum ive found so far, i went on another board but it was mainly american lads n lasses

6. Brym

Brym Active Member

Been on the US based ones a few brits on there and some usefull stuff but alot of well umm the american stuff to be polite.
    On one other UK based forum but will keep my eye on this place and post up, looks promising. Good luck with the challenge

7. N2OCapri

N2OCapri Active Member

Hya,

Am on most Blade forums except cbrfirebladers, UK and US.

Runs an old RR-S aswell aswell an 08 with a fair few modifications. Like to ride on the road but love doing trackdays.

Not big on posting on forums but tend to read everything and post when I can help.

8. FirebladeRR10

FirebladeRR10 Active Member

Hi Rob and all

Firstly thanks for inviting me to join and secondly, hats off to creating a dedicated Fireblade forum for us here in the UK. It's something thats been missing for too long. I'm not complaining about the 'other' Fireblade forums, but when their user base is overseas, it makes giving advise sometimes a little difficult.

I myself have a 2010 CBR 1000 RR Fireblade C-ABS. It's a Graphite Black, Black Special edition and it's the best bike I've ever had.....and I've had a few!

Looking forward to some great discussions, advise, and pics here soon.

Regards all

Mike

9. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

Good on you Rob,
    It may take a while but it will attract more members espesialy when the weather gets better.