Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Empty_Ten, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

So, my blade doesn’t have that under tray bulge.

I also look at a manual for a 2009 model (assume it’s the same for a 2010) and it mentions the ABS light on the dash. I don’t have one, Bit have the HISS light where the C-ABS light would be (number 13 on the reference one the manual)

I was going through one of the older threads here last night, and for those who had removed ABS, the light still remains. Some permanently and some had managed to modify the wiring so that it only came on during start up, then going once you start riding (like how it would normally)

the plot thickens. I wonder what the possibility of the DVSA or dealer making a mistake when registering is?

Or could the previous owner/‘S have gone through all that effort of getting rid of the under tray and get new clocks??

82038B1E-44E0-4670-8941-5998B39CFD4F.jpeg F924951B-3CC6-4C59-956B-FAAA9F135051.jpeg

Oh, and I got a present on the way back :mad:

F3DCBB2E-8280-490A-83A4-964E395FB461.jpeg

2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Ah shit. Bad luck on the tyre.

There might be more giveaways that other members know. I cant see someone going to the effort of changing the clocks etc though.

Probably a silly question but do the frame and engine numbers etc match the v5? Sounds like it's probably just been an admin error when it was first registered or something.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

When I first got mine every insurance quote came up as an ABS model I was sick of telling them it wasn't :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

I’ll have to have a gander later! Tyres plugged and looks to be holding. I think with what jandy has said, it’s an error!

I think that settles it! Looks like we both have the same year and generation of blade too. Admin cock up on registration!

5. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Yes mate mine is a 59 plate HRC and never had ABS in its life even though it kept coming up as that :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

have you checked the actual chassis number on the frame against the log book & DVLA?
    From your pic, the brake disc look like the non ABS ones (without the speedo sendor ribs)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

Just checked it against the V5C and all is correct.

I’m gonna go with admin/user error on registration. Otherwise it’s a hell of lot of effort to go through all the work to get rid of the bits as mentioned previously to make it look like a non ABS model :confused: