IOMTT 2024 help

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by F1CT1C10U5, Jul 24, 2023.

1. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

Hi guys.

I'm starting to plan my trip to the 2024 IOMTT.
    The plan, so far, is to go from Lisbon to Dublin by plane, stay in Dublin for a couple of days, and then take ferry or plane (ferry preferred) to the Isle of Man.

However this is where the trouble starts. Once in the IoM:
    • Where to stay (sleep)
      • I would prefer NOT to stay in a tent.
    • Traveling in the island
      • I would like to do a bit of sight seeing around the island, and hopefully catch the action from multiple viewing points. Would I be ok using public transports, or would it be best to do a bike/car rental?
    Are there travel companies that arrange travel packages for this event that might sort everything out?

Any information/help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Broadie

Broadie Active Member

Duke travel will do you a package I'm sure.
    If you hire a car better get to places early so you can park. Dirt bike is probably the best mode of transport, as you have access to roads and trails.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Book accommodation first, then ferry 2nd. You might end up travelling at unsociable hours, but it's easier to find a ferry crossing than accommodation.
    As for getting around, public transport is fine, or taxis make a good backup, but I would suggest buying a push bike for a pittance and to hell with what happens to it as the island is only 12 miles wide. Maybe even bring a shitter across with you depending on the cost difference of getting it across on the ferry as it's a great way of getting home from the pub :rolleyes:
    Either way just leave it unlocked at the ferry terminal when you leave and have it circulate back into the local economy :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12594375...0E2fA==|tkp:Bk9SR4TyuKCxYg&LH_ItemCondition=4

#3 Muffking, Jul 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I normally stay in a hotel at Douglas, most of the festival activities are here and its a good start point for public transport, you can also walk to the start finish line and Bray Hill from here. The 2 must see viewing areas I would suggest are Sulby straight & Bray Hill, if you stop on the mountain section make sure you take some warmer clothes, Creg Ny Baa Grandstand is nice too.

I have used public transport and it worked fine for me. Accommodation during race week is expensive, I normally go during practice week for a few days, you still get the feel of the island just a bit cheaper.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1