iPad 2 and kodak wireless printer not playing.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Simon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Bought a kodak hero 7.1 wireless printer for use with my ipad2 in the absence of a pc, but will it "find" it ? Will it bollox !! Although the printer connects to the wireless router fine, (so does the iPad) it cannot find the printer when I select find printer on the iPad ???

Fed up so time to get wet and go for a ride before the printer goes airborne :mad:

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Check if it's an AirPrint enabled printer, Si. If its not I don't think it'll happen mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just had a look and you need an app for it to work, Kodak quick flick or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Thats correct you need an App that allows you to print via the router ... " Print Magic " i use .. Very good and only 69p

HP AirPrint's are the boys for iPads

• Like Like x 1
  5. Simon

Simon Active Member

Nice work Ken, down loaded the app kodak pic flick and works a treat, even better when there is paper in the tray ?!!

I tell you I shouldn't be trusted with a colouring book let alone an iPad ...

One toy sorted now to play/break the Gopro camera !! I feel another thread on the horizon ha ha ..... Cheers again Ken and Dan for your superior knowledge in helping a bafoon ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL FROM A WET AND WINDY LLANDUDNO :p

6. Si.

Si. God Like

If you bought a go pro mate, buy aftermarket batteries for it ( if you need/want them) off eBay. £7 each and work as good as oem, and also they are selling 32gig transcend sd cards, class 10 for £26 from jersey, this gives you 4.5 hrs of recording.
    Just a heads up if you're interested.:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simon

Simon Active Member

Cheers Si, unfortunately have already bought the battery bacpac (battery and charger) off eBay for £32 and just ordered the LCD bacpac for £63 !!

But the memory card sounds a bargain, have a 8gb class 10 from a digital camera that I have chucked in but need a good day to test it.

Have you any experience with the Gopro's ?

8. Si.

Si. God Like

Yeah, got the gopro hd mate. Great quality, I have mine mounted on top of my lid.
    A vid I did this year, it was a dull day too, in bright sunlight the quality is fantastic.

Ive just bought 4 extra batteries (already got the battery pack) and 5 32 gig sd cards for my trip to Italy this coming June. Loads cheaper on eBay and the sd cards will do for storage on the mac for transferring files or for my SLR cam, so will get used.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

Trip sounds a winner .... need to put that footage up on YouTube when done !

Speaking of which, do you have any Gopro vids on YouTube ?

I've got a few on there but they are with the iPad (bozzy752)

10. Si.

Si. God Like

you can put the gopro vids on the ipad using the camera connection kit, and edit them in imovie (download the app).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon

Simon Active Member

Cheers Si, just going out now to try it on the Aprilia with the baffles out, then will download the app and see how I fair ;)