Is it appropriate?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave V, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Just a question, but is it right to challenge the price of what someone's trying to sell something for within the advert thread?

My thoughts would be that if your interested then PM the seller with an offer, if not then let it roll and butt out?

#1 Dave V, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  2. marco s

marco s Active Member

Sounds about right to me Dave :)

3. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Maybe a delicate PM to advise the seller, I wouldn't mind that!
    or as you say Butt out lol

4. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me.

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry presume this is aimed at me, appologies if offended anyone with this I just presumed there was confusion in the exchange of currency as it was being sold from abroad
    Again appologies for any offence caused to anyone

6. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Agreed Dave.
    If you feel it's not In your price range just give it a swerve and let it go, Make a cheeky offer? Yeah knock your self out, but when its a for sale advert that what it is not a feckin review, negative opinions should'nt be shared on the actual thread, if someone sees/opiniantes something then do it by PM to give the seller a honest heads up on what they are selling.
    Seen a few times on here where something's been offered for sale and someone comes along and says its shit blah blah will you take xxx because you can get it 50p cheaper on Fleabay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Its damn right annoying having someone question your advert.Pm should be the only way to offer advice etc.If you feel that a person has pissed you off on your thread then you should be able to ask for it to be removed.Not happened to me but seen it many times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ozzer76

ozzer76 Member

Yeah I agree. I don't like seeing people questioning people's adverts or prices for all to see. I've seen people write things like "you can get it new here for £xx.xx."

I'm not talking specifics or about this forum as I'm new here but I think a PM or let it go.

9. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Nope, not directly Mart. If I'm selling a bag of turd for a million and someone's happy to pay for it that's their choice.

What may be missed from buying from international sellers, other than the risk of paying import taxes or worst still not and openly defrauding HMRC is often that any warranty is invalid.

Oh, of course those traders that pay to adevertise on this forum to sell their goods under the constraints of uk tax law could report such post to the mods ;)

Saying all that I don't suggest for any second there's any other reasons for the posts other than trying to be helpful.

#9 Dave V, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I agree keep seeing this and it's annoying, the seller has the right to advertise there goods at a price they believe is right ! If it isn't make an offer by PM or wait till they don't sell it and re price it accordingly :)

#10 Jamiestrada, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014