Is it just me....

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Freedom of choice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Rich I am the same mate.

I have ridden twice this year due to working away from home during the week so I like my time with my Wife and kids on the weekend.

The last time I rode my bike I found it very painful (because I am not riding it all the time so I am not used to it) and said to myself "Am I really enjoying this".

In regards to the forum no disrespect to my fellow forum members but the threads about 'Tyre Pressures', 'HM Quickshifters', 'which chinese fairings', 'How long before your fuel light comes on' etc are not my cup of tea.

The old forum was nothing but a top laugh and most of it was non bike related, it was like being with a top bunch of lads, chewing the fat, taking the mick it was ace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Pretty much exactly this.

I had many thousands of posts to my name on a certain Subaru forum in the past and that degenerated into constant threads about tyres, flamer kits and other such nonsense. I was really just on there for the craic.

As for the bike. I just find myself not wanting to be bothered unlocking the bike from the ground, getting it turned around, getting a allen key out to unfold the mirrors, getting the one piece leathers, back protector, underlayer, ear plugs, helmet, boots, gloves etc etc etc etc on just to go out and ride around in traffic for an hour and a half. Added to that is (and I don't know if this is down to growing up) the fact that I've become much less tolerant of myself riding in an antisocial manner. I genuinely understand why car drivers get so pissed off with us two-wheelers. On the way home the other night I witnessed a guy on a Kwak come screaming up behind this car on a dual carriageway (the car was doing over 70), the car was overtaking some stuff so didn't just leap out of the bike's way so the rider got all pissed off and was rev rev revving his engine and then finally got bored and undertook 3 cars whilst shaking his head.

When it's nice weather now I want to be out on the golf course or something. Not wrapped in a tonne of cow skin sweating my balls off, stuck behind a Toyota Aygo :D

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Bleedin Hell its like an old codgers meeting getting....Im probably older than most of you and still out on the bike every day & thats with a new knee n bits dropping off me! and as for golf courses all they're good for is a bit of ows ya father on a summers evening & rabbiting with muttley :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Biggest negative for me this year is the poxy weather! Loving the Blade tho, just don't get enough opportunity to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Im surprised they'll let you on after last time :D[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Nickw

Nickw Active Member

You choose how you want to ride....

I also couldn't be arsed to put all my kit on for an hour and a half ride, so, about 3 times a week, I normally set off about 9.30am after everyone has gone to work, and aim to get home around 4.30pm before the daft rush for everyone to get home.

However, I respect that everyone has priorities, and family is important...(Just not as important as getting out on your bike;))

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I just take mine out once a week 7am in the morning the same loop each time do in a tank of fuel just me and the same mate for the last 12 yrs back by 10am then out on push bike had kids when young so now is my time I have in interest in touring or going here and there I have a decent car for that the bike is for a buzz

8. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I'm also new, but so far this is the best bike forum I have found with regard to the quality and intellect of the members, not just CBR's, but any bikes.

I don't know what it used to be like, but I find the format to be fine, easy to work with and pleasant to look at.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Si.

Si. God Like

Yer whining homos.

I'm into my gardening, cooking and wine, as well as fine art and biskwits these days. Still peruse the forum, not as much at all though as busy with other things, like a lot on here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Personally I'm just too busy over the past few months with the other shit that needs dealing with as part of life. Still read a fair bit but don't post as often, ok stop cheering you pi$$ taking bunch of heathens.

• Like Like x 1