Is that blue light oh fff

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gravel trap, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Sherburn on wednesday not as busy as usual but football was on so thought oh good roads nice and quiet . And they were . Had a nice spirited ride over with mate from work then at eight it was time to head home hes in york im in mirfield so we soon went separate ways . Motorway was dead lovley weather so i opened the taps i admit i may have been north of a ton by half a centuary for a bit and thought i best slow down this is silly. Saw a couple of lorrys so down to a ton out side lane and past . Didnt accelerate any more just cruised along at a ton for a few miles past a couple of junctions and did quick mirror check which is always an arm movement to see anything and an x5 is behind with its blues on . Fuck hope they are going somewhere . I indicated into middle lane and they did same . Joy its me they want . Onto hard shoulder and after a chat about road safety and general speed where i did my best to look humble said yes and no in right places and appologised for wasteing their time with mu stupidity i have been given a ticket for 99 mph over 2 junctions. Ill plead through post and hope its not too big a fine. Licence is clean currently at least .

2. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

O poo :oops: will that be 3 points to come & £100 fine ?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Did you a favour.

100 + is automatic ban territory on a motorway (unless you get caught on the M4 in Maidenhead Magitrates court jurisdiction in which case 80+ is often a ban)

Were you done on VASCAR or a following check? If it was a following check, you have to have been followed for a minimum distance of 1 mile (3/10 of a mile on other roads). If you were caught on VASCAR the speed is measured between 2 fixed points and gives an average speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Given the circumstances, you're probably considering yourself quite fortunate. The right attitude (as you displayed) always helps in those situations).

5. Gravel trap

Oh god i know im lucky its 99. Recorded over two junctions so a couple of miles . Im hopping its not too big a fine . Horror stories online of bans and a grand making sleeping tricky at mo .

6. Gravel trap

Also the pretty one is beyond cross which so far has costed me a ten foot pool for the garden that took five hours to fill with water . I did point out we are on a water meter but the glare came and i got frightened again !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

8. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Oh that sux.
    I had the exact same thing way back on my gixxer - the police car was an unmarked Volvo.
    He wrote me up for 98mph
    Was three points but cant remember the fine.

Hope it's not too much; we've all done those speeds and most likely continue to do it (I know I do :oops:)

9. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Love the new Avatar Lozzy .;-)

But back to the post, Mate I think you will have to consider yourself very fortunate not to get a ban we have all riden over the limit on motorways slowing down when we see a camera, being stopped by a traffic car on a motorway is a rare event I would have thought. Sure the Mrs will be adding to that wish list .
    Isn't fine now based on a multiple x % of income ?

10. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Looks worse than I thought

11. T.C

T.C Elite Member

A couple of points.

On a Motorway, the criteria for a ban is 100+ hence the reason I said that he was lucky yo get done for 99. The exception to the rule would be if the offender was due a disqual under the totting up procedure or additional offences had been committed.

As far as being stopped by a traffic car on a Motorway, some forces do still have a dedicated Motorway unit and the traffic wombles play second fiddle such as dealing with abamdoned vehicles and immediate removals for example (the mundane stuff that has to be done)

The last point is that special Motorway courts are used, so for example in Thames Valley for the M4 Maidenhead and Newbury are the 2 designated courts. The penalties dished out for identical offences are often poles apart, so you cannot use other court areas as anything other than a very rough guide.

If summonses are issued, OP will be better off spending a morning in the designated court as a n observer and get a feel for the sort of penalties dished out for similar offences.

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. Gravel trap

It gets worse daughter came through to our bedroom this morning and said er dont know why but theses letters were in my school bag. Think she scooped them up with her homework. Inside one is a lovely ticket for 91 in a fifty caught by a camera i hadnt seen when coming into a 50 limit. Ffs 2 over 90mphs in a week . Ill be on the train to work again soon

13. hitch

hitch Elite Member

:(

14. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

North of 150mph on a motorway? You'd be looking at 6 weeks in prison if you'd been caught at those speeds.

I reckon you'll be lucky to avoid a ban with a 99mph and a 91mph inside a fortnight.

15. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Your right. It does put a somewhat different perspective on the matter.

Should you get the summons, you may need to consider getting suited and booted and attending court in person, eating humble pie and hope.

Courts tend to treat those who show up in person more reasonably than those who just plead guilty by letter, and it will save a further letter telling you to attend as they are considering a disqual....

Gets it over and done with.

16. Gravel trap

Right time to send suit to dry cleaners for a start .

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. bradt

bradt Elite Member

91 in a 50 thats surely going to be a short ban plus fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Looks like the 91 in a 50 is a band C offence and the 99 in a 70 is a band B offence. Both can be bans and 6pts, the fines can be 100% of your weekly income for band B and 150% of your weekly income for band C. Hate to say it mate, but you're in a bit of trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gravel trap

Well if i get banned i 100 % lose my job . Its just the way it is. Im shitting it . Mortgage kids ect. Then re doing tests. This could be the end of bikes for me. Had my first at 4 im 41 now so its frightening.

20. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

No way you can commute with a train/bus or get a lift?