Is 'The Lounge' where we can rant?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Apr 24, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Freakin' heck.

I'm about to top myself!!

Picked up my seat cowl cover for my MV this morning, got home, carefully removed the pillion seat, and pluck a duck!

Waited 9 weeks for my overpriced £302.00 (PLUS £15.00 shipping the MV dealer charged me) and it doesn't bleedin' fit. Clearly the wrong part. Correct model and year details were given because I'd bought other parts from the same West Midlands dealer. (Not apportioning blame anywhere, YET)

So now, I'll go and reassemble everything and wait for the dealer's response. (Presently emailing the factory with my pics)

To make it worse it's friggin' raining so I can't go and blast my frustrations out of my system - probably a good thing though.:mad::mad:

MV Seat 1..jpg

MV Seat 3..jpg

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Oh dear. :(

So annoying when other people make a c0ck up and even worse when you've waited nine weeks :eek:

3. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I once had to wait 12 weeks for the rear 25mm locking nut for my Aprilia. Finally got the call saying it had arrived (bear in mind that was a good 15 years or so ago), walked up to the counter and started digging a fiver out. Just as I'd got the top half of the note out of my pocket the dealer said "25 pounds please". :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Thanks guys. The big pleasure though was when I saw how good a paint match-up it was:). I know MV Red is MV Red, but allowing for the bike's 10 years and a bit of sun fade, I was well pleased. Doesn't matter now.

I've untied the rope from the top landing, so anyone who's bound by 'mandatory reporting laws' needn't be concerned for me. (As if you would be. Only @PauloHRC would miss me and my schizophrenic banter:confused::confused::D:(:):mad::D!)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. john k

john k New Member

Typical dealers pay the earth for parts blade footpeg £58 only the peg with no pin for the bottom what a joke

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

And I recently paid £94 for a RR4 number plate light. In B & Q I could light 3 rooms for that!!

The only difference here, though, is that a chandelier would look crap hanging off the back of a Blade.:)

7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I'm more concerned that you've got a carton of orange juice lodged between your exhausts and seat unit !!!o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Yeah what's that all about , keep mine in the fridge you losing the plot Nige ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. john k

john k New Member

Haha funny £94 for plate light its nit right we,have to pay silly amounts for parts .At least u took the rope down now hehe

• Like Like x 1
  10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Fear not. It's actually a box of Morrisons Cling Wrap I was using to prop open the tail section rather than take the whole cowl off.

Once again I didn't sufficiently scrutinise/edit/crop my photos to insulate myself from the pernickity, laser-eyed forum members so keen to seize upon every single mishap I submit.:( I guess I have to cop what I dish out:D:D!! Friggin' orange juice indeed!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Possibly one of the funniest replies you've ever given Nigel......sat here pissing myself laughing getting funny looks off the Mrs! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Me too I've just been asked what am I smiling at on that tablet, :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. john k

john k New Member

Snap lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Wow is it an mv owner thing my mate did just that he just didn't untie the rope

15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well, I'm back in The Lounge for another ranting session.

Just had an email from MV West Midlands telling me: 'I've just had a reply overnight [from Italy], there's nothing wrong with the seat unit you've ordered other than it only fits 2010 and later bikes, it is correctly part numbered and packed.'

Clearly, the tone of the dealer's email is: 'Too bad, you're struck with it.' However, they do not realise that I am extremely difficult to fob off. Haven't even got around to using 'fit for the purpose' consumer legislation as yet, but I have a heap in my armoury. Responded with:

[Name deleted], what sort of a response is that?

I ordered the part as numbered from the MV website: http://www.mvagusta.com/en-gb/discover-mv/special-parts/carbon-accessories/f4/ and we had exchanged various emails about both the red and unpainted versions, and later discussed it within your premises..

Whilst 'it is correctly part numbered and packed', it is clearly wrong for my bike, even though it is an F4, standard with no modifications. There was no indication or advice about its suitability only for 2010 bikes, remembering of course, that this was ordered only days within giving you the details of my 2007 bike for the purposes of the side-stand order.

Would it be preferable for me to deal direct with MV Italy to effect a prompt exchange?

In my experience, this would not happen with a Honda dealer. It does nothing to promote either the dealership nor the marque itself.
    Have already alerted the factory to this problem. As previously noted, this is a damn 300 quid piece of fibreglass we're talking about. Ironically, I had earlier (on the MV Forum) given the parts department a good rap. Not so deserved now:(.

[​IMG]

16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

That's really crappy customer service Nigel....especially when a lot of companies like sportsbikeshop just for example have no quibble free returns etc. Appreciate it's maybe a bit different with parts but when it's clearly the wrong fit for the year it should be...Sorry about that sir we'll sort it out for you.....o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Excellent point, Lozzy. I am a regular with https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/ and only earlier this week had cause to return a set of Paddock Stand bobbin pins that were oversize. Send an email/ get a return number/refund made. No question and no hassle. A classic example of unbeatable customer service - and because of that customers will always return!

I've now been told that the dealer is furthering their enquiry with MV. Ho hum.

18. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

are they made to order? that might be the prob

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Nah, a catalogue part straight of MV website. Optional, just like the Honda seat cowls - but twice the cost!!

20. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

why the 9 week wait then?