Is 'The Lounge' where we can rant?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Apr 24, 2018.

1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Saturday!? I thought they weren't being delivered until the spring!

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Where have you been, Charlie?:)

I've been posting about this for about 3 weeks now. At least everyone else is up with it.;)

Originally proposed for March.

To recap, production was said to have finished early, but we both know they'd allow reasonable 'comfort time' to allow for any interruptions/disputes/et al.

About 3 weeks ago I was called by dealer to advise that bikes will be delivered in 2 -3 weeks. As a result of today's phone call, it is expected in my dealership tomorrow, so I could get it Friday, but at the latest on Saturday.;) Some dealers have already delivered their bikes.

3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Which thread have you been talking about this in? Can't be the daytona thread because I follow that one.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Fair call, Charlie.

I thought it might be 'buried' in another thread, but on checking my content, I can't find it.

As some on here have seen, I am a bit of a forum whore and spread myself around. In all probability I've posted elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Anyway, you're up to speed with the situation now. I have seen though, from the new Triumph 765 forum:
    https://www.daytona765.com/index.php that some owners (7) have followed @Boothman 's train of thought by stalling their delivery until March 2020 to get the 2020 plate.

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I bring an uncharacteristic 'reverse' rant.

Full of praise for the way AA (Road service, not Alcoholics Anon:rolleyes:) handled my query (disguised of course as a complaint:)) about the increase in my Silver Membership from £51.71 last year to £73.17 this year. They justified it by telling me of all the extra 'benefits' I get this year by way of partner's discounts.

After explaining my view that benefits should be a privilege and not a component to be paid for, together with the fact I have never made a claim, the staff member offered me £54.88 fixed for two years.

Result, and once again shows that if dissatisfaction is handled properly the customer will win.

6. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Did you mention by chance of your previous history regarding partners and then the CSR felt sorry for you and reduced the price :p kudos for winning though!

7. raphael

raphael Elite Member

As are the easiest company to deal with, hello I’ve just got my renewal and it’s more expensive than last year, ok sir let’s see! How does this sound? Lovely, thank you. Job done

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I've joined the mutual appreciation society and am now agreeing with @raphael ;).

Coincidentally, I just received my AA insurance renewal too. £50.00 dearer than last year for a total of 224.64. A Compare the Market quote came up with £156.80. Phoned AA and after a couple of 'that's the best price we can offer' and a trip to the supervisor after I requested to cancel the auto renew, I was given £174.63. I was happy to pay the £20.00 to stay with AA.

I wonder how many people simply file these auto-renew quotes without even looking or challenging? It really seems that some companies are really trying it on with the seemingly excessive first-up renewal price, but all in all I guess business is business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1