Isle of Man TT 2020

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Mattie660, May 15, 2019.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Senior Member

Just to let everyone know that Steam Packet will start taking deposit bookings for 2020 TT sailings on Monday 20 May 2019.

I think I will get my name down again.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Got to get my finger out and arrange this trip, do you camp @Mattie660 or bnb?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bish

Bish New Member

I'd really like to get there.
    Does anyone have any good tips where to stay and how to go about it .

4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Senior Member

Last year I did Homestay, Hotel and camping - Hotel was the least favourite.

Homestay was great - lovely house with ensuite stable for the horses !. Felt a bit like a guest and didn't want to mess the carpet or be a nuisance - but lovely people, and others staying there as well in the big house.

The camping at Silly Moos was fantastic - big cow shed with TV and pool table for the evenings. Bench tables and chairs so you often got chatting to others - free tea and coffee, bikes everywhere, a band sometimes - queue for the loos and showers in the morning ! - Ramsey just down the road, cheap really compared to other stuff over that period. Good crowd, nice people recommended.

With the camping I have posted the bulk of the camping stuff to the campsite so as not to have to carry it there on the bike. I like camping anyway - so quite happy on a campsite.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Bish

Bish New Member

Looks and sounds great , I'm thinking of taking my son on the back for a bit of bonding time.
    Is it simple to book the ferry and what do you think the availability would be ?

6. D16PJM

D16PJM New Member

I will be on the phone on Monday but also have a trackday at brands on Monday, we normally rent a house, last time it was £1400 but slept 6 so cheaper than camping with TV , shower and toilet.

i was looking at taking a van with the bikes in the back as cant see me taking the CBR otherwise

Pete