Isolation rides

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by dmc12, Mar 22, 2020.

1. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Yes mate - that's the one. Ride out that way quite often, then get on the Macclesfield Road and keep going :)

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure Mullen's part was just doing some freestyle flat-land stuff. I think Lance Mountain's dog had more screen time than he did!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

We Should start an old school skate video thread! ;)

4. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Done...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jez

Jez Senior Member

What i find hypocritical is, I can commute 30 miles to work then spend 12 hours in close proximity to all the rest of the 40 staff, Yet I can not have a walk or ride in the country. If I am going to contract corona it will be from work, the gov or police dont care if you catch it as long as it is at work.I would like the police to come to my work to enforce the 2m rule, I think they will spend more of their time chasing people in the middle of no ware

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

You say its hypocritical, you say the police or government dont care but everything you mention is your EMPLOYERS responsibility.
    Are you an essential worker? If not your employer should have sent you home.
    If you are your EMPLOYER should be managing safe conditions I.e. the 2 metre rule etc. Before having a pop at the government and or police I think you should be looking at your bosses , dont you?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

My employer has put out a written statement that we are now virtually fully compliant with the 2m rule, The staff are all in disbelief and many complaining. Our walkways are only 1.5 m wide. If someone went out to buy the sweets I make they would probably face a fine,
    But we are classed as food so essential. In reality I make sweets

• Like Like x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Come with meee and you'll beee in a wooorrlldd of pure imagination!!:)

A real life Willy Wonka then?? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Well, we are run by people that are in a dream world

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Jez your bosses sound like pratt's but look on the bright side (assuming you survive the virus that is). Whilst your still working the company will survive and you all keep your jobs. Those bankers Mike Ashley and that muppet at Wetherspoons have behaved deplorable.
    Made effing millions on the back of their staff then treat them like sh#t when times get tough.
    Neither of them will ever see my money again once this is over and I hope others do the same.
    So many companies have really gone above and beyond but not those two.
    Sorry a bit off topic :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jez

Jez Senior Member

They have already told us our jobs could go abroad before this out break

12. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Hope it doesn't come to that Jez :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Lot of rich arse holes out there that don't give a fuck o_O

#53 Selmer50mark, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

The main take away from Mike Ashley's bullshit is that I can now avoid spending money at Evans cycles too, only found out that he owned them yesterday! What a prick.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Luckily our local police forces are not to over stretched that they could not have the speed camera van out today, North Yorkshire police

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Sen a few out down here last weekend, but they have had so many complaints the Police have stopped sending them out apparently.

17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Well said Wozza, couldn’t agree more.

My youngest lad is a manager in Asda, he and his staff have taken personal abuse and threats to their safety on a daily basis for the last fortnight, low level scum who only think for theirselves, his staff are dropping like flys daily and the rest are working ridiculous hours, all for some to**ers to stockpile s**t roll and baked beans.
    His 3 year old daughter was hospitalised on Thursday, fortunately, and I say that with gritted teeth, they have diagnosed onset of asthma not the virus, which means she has to be isolated minimum 12 weeks as she now classed as high risk, there starts the complication, his wife runs a Post Office/Newsagents, her employers refused to furlough her, so she now is on extended leave without pay, the only sensible option to isolate the granddaughter, was for her and our daughter in law to move in with us, so my son can keep working and earning until he succumbs from it, most likely due to the low level scum getting in his face everyday.

There’s no financial support for families like them with 2 key workers and children, so it’s bank of Mum & Dad that will have to underpin them to keep the bills and mortgage being paid.

Just sharing an example that’s happening to families all over the UK, but still selfish Wayne Kerrs think they have a God given right to go out on bikes and in cars, isolated in their minds, never thinking about if they crash, how much vital NHS resource they will take up, let alone exposing more people to infection.

Give it another week or so and the bodies start to pile up in London and maybe the message will start to get through, it’s the epicentre and this thing is about to explode due to people not respecting the advice they have been given. Most populated area in Europe, you don’t have to be a genius to work out where it’s all going.

Rant over.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  18. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I did go out last Sunday because I have been head in sand and going to work at 6 home at 5 in the door, curtains drawn , out at 6 so on so on.
    But after seeing things and neighbours apparently self isolating and I say that very loosely, I have decided I’m in for the weekend and for as long as it takes.
    I have got to go to work but even that seems strange at the moment,
    I take my hat off to anyone who is working in any store at the moment. I for one could not do it.
    One of the staff got spat on the other day . Wan@@@s need locking up
    Sort of rant over
    Bike cleaned but I’m not going to use it
    Gutted but safe;)

• Like Like x 5
  19. bradt

bradt Elite Member

And it's now snowing

20. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

We had a few flurries of hailstones yeaterday. Amazing how few people were out compared to a few days ago when it was sunny. I walk the dog daily and yesterday we saw no one but 2 days previous we were dodging people willy nilly. Long may the poor weather continue!

• Like Like x 1