ive sold my RRR

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by PARADOC, Nov 25, 2023.

1. PARADOC

PARADOC New Member

ive sold my 21 RRR,i just couldnt get comfy, to bloody old for sports bikes 73yr,ive bought a M1000r it goes like shit off a shovel and is a much better riding position for my old bones,so i wish you boys/girls all the best,if anyone is intrested ive got a rrr fabric grey seat for sale £100 including pp 07779025311

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Let us know how you make out with the M1000r. As an equally old, but not quite yet thinking of changing, guy I'd be interested in the differences, apart from the obvious. I'm only 5'9 so maybe more compact than you as I don't normally get uncomfortable until the 90 minute mark and even then a stop for coffee makes it all good again.

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Fair play to you mate, hope I'm still riding when I reach your age and it definitely won't be a sports bike!!!:rolleyes:

Its a fu@#$¥g long way off mind!!!!;):D

Good luck with the BMW :)

4. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Stick around @PARADOC and post pics of the new bike. Good luck with it

5. PARADOC

PARADOC New Member

thanks guys i will keep in touch,i will never give up riding a bike,but my bodies telling me my sports bike days are over,but i still like to get a move on,im not a slow old fart on a bike ,i can still stay with most young puppies,for 50 to 70mils them im totally knackered,when i get and ride it ,ill let you guys know the pro and cons of it,i rode one on a test ride,it was mega,apart from the mirrors which were shite at 70mph

• Like Like x 2
  6. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Yup - thats all recent BM's. I got an S1000RR and that is the same. Build quality isnt the same as the Honda.

7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Respect riding at that age, I am 60 and was thinking getting past it, but now thinking I just need to man up

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. PARADOC

PARADOC New Member

YEP JEZ, JUST CRACK ON AND ENJOYi still love riding but my time on a sports bike has come to a end,to many broken bones from the past

9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Our lovely mate Bob is an inspiration......he's 82 going on 18 and has only just come away from sportsbikes and onto a more relaxed Diavel lol
    Get in line for his vrm....there's a massive queue :D

Screenshot_20230512_162147_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

My mate Paul has just sold his Aprilia Tuono and bought a 1975 Triumph trident :( bit of a downgrade if you ask me, I am still in love with sport bikes myself, but each to their own ;)

Enjoy your new BMW, bit better than an old triumph for sure :D

11. PARADOC

PARADOC New Member

fair play to BOB,makes me feel a bit of a wimp now,the M1000r is comining this tues,but i willnt be riding it till next yr, did any of you go to the motorcycle show at the NEC,if so was there any really good deals on HJC rapha 11 helmets,cos i would go to the O2 in feb if there was

12. PARADOC

PARADOC New Member

the m1000r arrived on tues,it looks fantastic,shame the weather is so shit,i will not ride it till spring now,i dont know how to post pics,a tad thick

• Like Like x 2