John McGuinness taken to hospital with suspected leg break after North West 200 crash

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Andy_Allen, May 11, 2017.

1. Andy_Allen

Andy_Allen New Member

2. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

That's a bloody shame
    But wish him all the best and speedy reovery

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

What a shame I was so looking forward to seeing him race on the new bike. Hope he's ok & recovers well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I think Guy Martin got spat off the blade again today, they do seem to be having trouble with it.
    Anyway let's hope McPint makes a speedy recovery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

Yeah just heard that he has been taken to Belfast hospital with suspected broken leg, can't see him making the TT now. Honda's hopes all on Guy !!!

6. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Guys first win on the electric bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

What a relief, he won't be ridding the new Blade at the TT - thank God for that.

He crashed earlier in the year in testing, knocking himself out and dislocating a thumb. Guy Martin has fallen a few times as well.

He might still make a guest appearance on crutches ? - but huge relief he is not riding the thing round the TT, until they get the new bike properly sorted.

I was hoping to see him as well, but it is clear the new Blade is not really TT race ready in my humble opinion - it still seems to have throttle connection issues ?

Honda have been struggling to make up the testing time that they have lost - and they are still using BSB and WSBK series to iron out the problems.

Honda Racing should take the brave decision to pull the new Blade out of this year's TT, in my humble opinion, until they get it sorted.

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

They need to gain the data to be able to complete e R&D. Said it many times only things that can prepare for TT is the TT. If John McG isn't fit, someone else will be.

Heard they have pulled Guy from tonight's race and Johns bikes been impounded!?

Not good....

9. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I'm sure that if Norton can cobble together a bike safe enough to do the tt the last couple of years then Honda should be able to.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Gutted speedy recovery to John that was going to make my year seeing them on the new bike....don't think I would buy the new model....

11. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

Shame for the lad. Would have been good to see what he could do on the new blade both at the NW and the TT.

However Honda decided to pull GM from the race too. Wonder what could have caused the crash??

12. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Maybe that piss take video of the Jurno getting spat off the new Blade in the pitt lane is no laughing matter! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

14. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Just seen this on another forum, statement from the honda team.

''John has been diagnosed with a compound fracture to his right lower leg, while in theatre on Thursday night it was not possible to plate the leg as initially thought due to the extent of the injury, and tomorrow an external fixator will be fitted. In addition, John has also suffered four broken vertebrae and has three broken back ribs, John will wear a cast for up to six weeks in treatment for the vertebrae. John will remain at Royal Victoria Hospital for around one week as part of the recuperation process."

15. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Holy shit. Compound and fracture are two words you don't want in the same sentence. Let alone the rest of it.

Gws big man.

Hope this won't be the end of his racing, but Father Time maybe caught up with him now :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

My first thoughts too Jimbo, not sure he'll make a full recovery, enough to be competetive on a bike again. I wish him all the best though. Done a hell of a lot for Honda.

17. Scott

Scott Active Member

Wonder how much Honda are gonna weigh him out for that
    If it's mechanical
    Wonder if they did anything for stoner when he come off at the 24 hour race

18. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I thought at the time that the bike was in the wrong to throw that poor journo around like a rag doll. Even if the journo was wrong to wind the power on a bit early it should't have flailed around wildly like it did.

Now they are going to try and do 130 mph laps of the TT with a bike that can't be trusted down a pit lane.

They should definitely pull it from the TT. They will be turning up now with even less testing time after this incident. It is building into a perfect storm.

Nobody would blame Honda for walking away this year - they were late with the bike because of the earthquake in Japan, and they have not had sufficient time to get this new bike ready - say sorry to everybody, but give it a miss this year and be back next year with a real chance of wining.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Imagine the damage that would do to Honda for them to pull the new blade from the TT.

"This superstock isn't safe to lap the TT but it's safe enough for you mugs to spend £20k on"

Can't see it personally, the perfect storm analogy I can well agree with though. And like you would hope they wouldn't take any undue risks, but I think all things considered we will see Honda there.

20. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

If this was rider error, is it normal for a team to withdraw both Superbike and Superstock and say that they will analyse data or was it a mechanical/electrical/component failure?