just bought my first fireblade!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Glenandemm, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted and are now happy to keep it. It’s a cracking looking bike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Cheers pal I just wasn’t impressed with the performance at all when I finally got a few decent rides in when the weather improved and was thinking it feels like my old 600rr when I tried to give it some beans lol, I’ve only been on one ride since I’ve fitted the pcv throttle plug properly but it definately feels like a beast now, can’t open that throttle instantly like before:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Both front and rear Honda racing carbon huggers fitted now, need to get somone to make me a front red bull decal similar to this repsol test bike in yellow and red for the front fender next!
    Plumbed in the dynojet quickshifter last night, what a pain that was getting to the coils but all plug and play stuff, hopefully the shift rod linkage comes tomorrow so I can fit it then take it out for a play before I ride it to oulton for bsb Friday practice! 1F7A873F-27AD-4C73-ABF5-F0687B3CB23A.jpeg
    05FAE8F0-69D3-435F-A8C2-7E0E6EC49E84.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. warren smart

warren smart Active Member

The image works are good for stickers, I’ve used them a few times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Gear link rod came today but a tad too short so I’ve had to order another one from hm website, should have just measured it properly in the beginning lol!
    Anyway I moved the arm round so I could go out for a ride and get a feel for the quickshifter and wow absolutely amazing and so much fun, it’s so effortless to get up to warp speeds even more so with this thing fitted lol
    Its so smooth and even 1st to 2nd Is clean and effortless too. EC466A05-87A0-466A-A77B-B9595C5318DC.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. warren smart

warren smart Active Member

Personally I don’t tend to use the qs from 1st to 2nd as it tends to be quite a shock to the gearbox for me, I’ll clutch it for that then use it for the rest of the gear changes especially when you have higher revs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

yep totally agree pal, I’ll do the same myself but was just mentioning how smooth it was as I’ve read some quickshifters aren’t great from 1st to 2nd, I can’t see why anyone would really use it from 1st to 2nd anyway I imagine it will be mainly 2nd 3rd 4th and maybe 5th if your an idiot for speed lol:D

8. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Well I think I’m finally spent on this bike now, after fitting the Honda racing huggers, quickshifter, hrc quick throttle and having the ecu reflashed at p3 I literally can’t think of anything else I’d like to add.
    I went out for a ride last night after fitting the above parts and what a bike to ride now, the ecu flash combined with the hrc throttle just change the bike totally, it feels how a fireblade should feel to me, not tame and an absolute beast lol, Im not a road racer by any means but it felt quite tame before where now I don’t want to give it full throttle!!
    Can highly recommend p3 for a ecu flash too, gonna take it back for a run on the rollers soon see how it performs. EF3CFEC5-0AD6-43EC-947B-3761E2D9103D.png

• Like Like x 5
  9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

.....you've clearly been infiltrated by your other half! You're nowhere near finished, you're not even half past finished. GB Racing covers, lightech chain adjusters, Ktech suspension, there is still £1000's to be splurged on it yet! :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. raphael

raphael Elite Member

What hrc throttle tube did you use mate?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

here you go pal
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401479477189
    you don’t need the hrc cables just this tube.
    Need to wind the throttle adjuster nuts right back at both ends of the cable and I undid the top cable from the throttle mech to get the tube on the bar then reconnected it back in then just give the free play a very slight tweak!

• Thanks Thanks x 1