Just got my 08 Fireblade :-)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by gordon1, May 31, 2011.

1. gordon1

gordon1 Active Member

Hi, I have just got my 08 Fireblade, I also own an 09 Fazer FZ1S, and owned an 04 R1 before that.
    Ive only had chance to have one ride out on my blade (about 200miles) and I loved every minute of it.
    It is the white and black version, its got a few extras fitted such as, Scorpion can, power commander, Brembo master cylinder, braided hoses, bits of carbon and protectors etc.
    Its 162bhp at the rear wheel with the baffles still fitted to the can. Would I see much improvement if I removed the baffle, fitted a de-cat pipe and had it remapped?

Will post a few pics, once I get a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

If it is an 08 with an after market can then it is decat'd already. the cat is in the standerd exhaust. I have the scorpion can aswel and the box is just a collector, not a cat.

Sounds like you have pretty similar mods to mine. Do you have a power commander 5 or 3?

3. dan.1moore1

Oh and welcome to the forum

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

hi mate

are you from billingham in tees side?

there are a few from the north east on here. were talking about arranging a ride out in the near future if your up for it

im offshore till tuesday next week so hopefully get something arranged for when im back home

5. gordon1

gordon1 Active Member

Yes, im from Teeside mate, just let me know when you going for a ride out and I will try and get out with you.

6. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Hi and welcome mate, that looks a pretty good return at the back wheel from the dyno.

7. gordon1

gordon1 Active Member

Its got the PC3 fitted to it, its been mapped with the baffle left in. Though I think it sounds much nicer with it out.
    Will it make much difference with it out, if it has been mapped with it in?
    One thing I did notice, is the brakes are amazing, its got a Brembo MC I think it says 18/19 though im not sure what that means?
    Its got braided lines, but runs standard pads, would changing to HH pads make any difference?
    Oh, and one more thing, how do you load a pic onto here, im having trouble uploading it.

8. dan.1moore1

9. dan.1moore1

I dont think it will make a huge difference as scorpion say you can pop it in and out for track days . I run mine with the baffle out but im only using a dynojet pre made map.Try it and see if it feels different.

My mate has just upgraded to a brembo MC and it made a huge difference , not so much to stopping power but you only have to gently touch the lever and it slams on. I think 18/19 is the piston size ?

10. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

I put a 19x18 on mine almost straight away and it's a worthwhile upgrade

Usually they map a bike with the baffle out so when the baffle is in it runs slightly rich and won't harm anything. I would think they would have done the same to yours and may ethe previous owner just put the baffle back in maybe?

Either way it won't make much difference to the map in or out

The brake pads are pretty decent as standard but HH pads will give better initial bite I find. I'm going to try some shortly as I think the OE ones could be improved upon a bit.

If you ride it on he track I wouldn't use HH pads as they run very hot and can damage the disk on track. Dual carbon were best for track but need to be very hot to work so no good on road.

I use a photobucket account to upload photos. Just copy and past img code into your post

11. gordon1

gordon1 Active Member

12. dan.1moore1