Just need to tell someone! Sorry to offload

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thezipsteruk, Oct 27, 2013.

1. steve b

steve b Active Member

hi zip really sorry to hear this I hope all sorts itself out for you and we are all here for you keep youre chin up mate and soldier on.:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Zippy mate, took balls to post that up, feel for you bud, never been through it, so cannot offer any worthwhile advice, keep going mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy

Andy Active Member

That's terrible news, and was not what I was expecting to read clicking in the thread.
    Already a lot of great advice given can't really add anymore but and I'm sure you won't forgot about that little boy as he ain't going to understand the complications of a relationship, he is going to be frightened, confused, his whole world is going to change along with yours.

I wish you the best of luck in moving forward

• Like Like x 1
  4. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Thanks again to everyone.
    Rest assured my Son (Max) is everything to me, he's the one that makes this so hard and my whole world. Everything I'm considering starts and ends with my boy!
    I would love to just f**k off miles away and start over, but my heart says rent the flat in the next road so he can visit whilst playing out, he's already planning 3 days with mummy 4 with daddy (it breaks my heart and warms my soul that he wants us both so much) Id stay with my wife unhappy for him but my wife says she can't do it anymore.
    I would never slag of my wife as not only do I still love her madly (despite wanting to hate her) she is the other half of my sons life, me and her = 'Max'. No way will he hear me slag her off!
    Thank you all so much, I look forward to having better conversations with you all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Zipster what could anyone add at this point that's not been said already.
    Reading through everyones comments it soon becomes apparent your courage to go ' public ' has not been futile.
    A difficult decission for anyone, but you've knocked around this park long enough to know, there's some decent sorts around these parts, who are only too willing to offer advice during such times.
    Life experience speaks volumes.
    All I'd add to the mix, is before you close one door and open another, make sure every possible avenue of reconciliation has been explored, it would be a pity to throw away any opportunity that could help save the relationship and the heartache.
    Pretty much everything else has been touched on mate, and I'd only be mouthing good advice thats already been given.

Hope everything works out ok for you with as little upset and heartache as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. phantom

phantom Active Member

really sorry to hear you are going through this but hopefully things will work
    out for you.I cant give any advice as I havent been through any break ups
    but from a chaild whos parents broke up when I was eleven I will say a son
    will usually side with his dad.I was only allowed to see my dad at weekends
    and I resented my mum for this this and when I turned 16 I got a job close
    to him and moved back home.I think I turned out okay?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dee

Dee New Member

I can feel your pain man..
    I've been on and off with one lady for over year.. kind of funny cause I was living in different country but somehow I lost my head for her.
    One day she just turns up in my doorstep and says that she want take it seriusly..
    Well what I did? Give a resignation in work. Told my family that I'm leaving and after 2 weeks I ended up in uk.
    We've been happy for 4 years, till one day she came back from work and said " I found a flat I'm moving out..."
    And that was it...
    So I found myself in diffrent country generally with no friends ( all our friends was kindda friends to her and after broke up they broke contact with me) I was devastated..
    (Funny enought I've found out 13 months after she have baby with one of "ur mates")
    Took some time off work and get myself in to heavy drinking.. Was quite really bad to be honest, almost lost my job..
    Needed to get away and went with my sis on holiday..
    If u could affrod maybe go for one week somewhere all inclusiwe with ur son?
    This time of year somewhere like sharm el sheikh would be about £200..

One pice of advise ... don't let urself down.. It's hard but once u start thinking all in negatives that's when it all starting to get dangerously...
    And don't think in way that u are loosing ur son.. You will be there for him as he will for u.
    It just will be a little bit diffrent. I think u will build really strong bond with him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thezipsteruk

Took the day off work (faked a sickie didn't want to tell them).
    looking at Bedsits and flats and i hate them all, all of you guys comments about going back to your parents seems to make sense.
    the only thing is they are 50 miles away from work so that would make a 100 mile a day commute on a bike in the winter months (shitter eh)
    Thanks again for everyones thoughts and personal stories!
    It seems that my worst fear will be the problem 'Loneliness' which makes me think the parents might be worth the treck
    cheers again you people rock

9. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Wish you all the best Zipster......you'll never be lonely while this forum exists......just keep getting everything off your chest matey.....moving back with parents is fine....just got son No 2 back in June following the collapse of his marriage much like you totally out of the blue.......close friends and family are a real bedrock at times like these......easy to say but things will get better

• Like Like x 1
  10. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Zippy, moving in with your parents is a good idea.You need a bit of time to heal and put thing into perspective.Sounds like most of us have been through a fair bit of crap.
    I was the one that instigated the end of my first marriage and took my girls away from their Dad,so i have a different perspective on your unfortunate situation.Splitting up a family isn't an easy decision and takes a lot of courage,im sure your ex partner is hurting as well.Time is the greatest healer and you will come out of this dark place.. Remember to respect one another.. easy to say very hard to do.. Chin up Sunshine.. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

My parents split when i was 10. They were arguing all the time and it was getting unbearable. When they decided to split and my dad moved out i thaught my whole world had collapsed. It was sad but so much easier for all of us when they had some space, my sister was only 7 and didnt ubderstand, that was the hardest bit for me having to grow up a lot. It hhrts at first zip but in time things always work out for the best. As already said your son is the most important, focus your energy on being a great dad and you cant look back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Sorry to hear that mate.

I have 2 step kids and they see their Dad on a rotating basis:
    Week 1 - Kids at Dads Thursday Night, weekend and other week days with us
    Week 2 - Kids at Dads Monday night and the weekend, other week days with us.
    During the holidays they will often spend extra time with their Dad, i.e. a whole week during the Summer Holidays.

It works pretty well as they get weekends with both parents, and school/works days too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thezipsteruk

:):)
    Were talking!!
    And no bedsits looking necessary with some adjustments...just wanted you lot to know!
    Thanks for all your help and just for listening.

• Like Like x 5
  14. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Good on you mate.Hope it all works out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

That's great news Zipster.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Went through the same at 20 years. She wanted a seperation, so I told that if that's what she wanted she better be the one that leaves and so she did. I worked part time and looked after the 3 kids, it was hard but worth it as it made her realise that she missed us and wanted to return. We are now heading for 30 years. I don't know you but hope it works out for a fellow biker.

Kick.

• Like Like x 3
  17. steve b

steve b Active Member

fingers crossed for you mate I hope it all works out for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Fingers and everything else crossed for you mate, hope you get things resolved soon

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Great news Zippy ........ one step at a time

I hope you can resolve and overcome any problems

• Like Like x 1
  20. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Pleased for you fella....1 step at a time,find your way back.

• Like Like x 1