Kenny Roberts Swing Arm 04/07

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by exfire, Dec 23, 2014.

1. exfire

exfire Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Whose guna shell out best part of £3K on a swinger for a 10 year old Blade which would only be worth a tadge more for the whole bike?

On top of that the ad states you need the links at £400 a pop!

Good luck with that sale Team_Pro_ride_superbike! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. scooby

scooby Elite Member

you'd be surprised,the 04 blades are eligible for classic/golden era racing now (same as 1st gen zx10's) so they will start got get more popular.

it's the same as everything else,if someone wants it,and can afford it then they will buy it,purely because not many other people will have one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Fair point Scoobs!

Spose in that case you could start racing the ZX in a year or two? ;)

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

It's a lovely swinger that! It's sooo nice that tbh it would be a shame just to buy such an item for the bling factor, however as far as bling goes it's right up there, but true enough exfire it would be tragic to own such an arm for no real world gains, I.e unless your Shaky B riding in the 100% zone it would be truly wasted ** guess Mr Club racer would have to check his times to see if he/she truly needed such an item as after all if they were that good would they be running at club level?, a Harris arm sold on eBay a couple of days ago for 300 quid! Shame you need the WP shock to go with it, and a race brembo unless your going to get the mounts remade or Id have been tempted (I had one a long time back and abandoned the task as so much needed to be changed out) that KR arm looks to run a stock shocker, if I were spending 3k right now on an arm it would be the BST carbon arm for my Duc, now that has the ultimate bling factor and even the average Joe can see it's not stock, ok ok maybe they can't..you'd be surprised how many people can be stood right next to a BSB spec bike and not know the difference from that to one you buy from the local dealer.

#5 arthurbikemad, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I saw the Harris one, I think there is a Suter one for sale atm, around the £1500 mark, but again, I would only notice the visual difference. Does look nice though.

7. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

I offered the Harris guy £350 a few month ago when it was last for sale (not knowing that my Ohlins Shock wouldn't fit) and he told me to poke it.. wanted a grand - Well get it up ye!

• Like Like x 2
  8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

If it's looks your after I know plenty of people who have had them filled in, then flattened off to look like a factory or KR arm etc, we could argue that flex, feel, blar blar blar are effected and Id agree hence why mine remains as is. Lets face it if your ridding anything under BSB times not many would need the gains of the full fat item, don't get me wrong if one came up for my model with the shock, spindles etc Id be on it, but big bucks for the look (and that's all Id want it for) Id rather spend my money else where (at the mo my Camera haha) one thing I like to keep with my bike is the development that big H put into it, for me a change like the arm could play on my mind as to what direction I have moved in for what I do with my bike, there is never a better solution, somewhere these things trade off, I have already taken one step forward and two steps back a few times with my bike...

but if anyone has a complete KR or Harris arm and shock etc give me a PM ....lol. I maybe able to rustle up a few quid....lol

#8 arthurbikemad, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

maybe not mine,but wouldn't mind a tricked 1st gen zx10 for the track,mega bikes,just a bit twitchy

10. scooby

scooby Elite Member

as for upside down WP shock,i know of one lurking in the back of a workshop :) (not mine though :( )

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

There is a seller that will sell a swing arm for 600 quid but you would need to source the upside down WP shock...........

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Don't let Foenix get a sniff of this! ;)