Kev's SP1 not a happy chappy

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Kevin1, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

Wont help Kev but my throttle is fine I can sit at 30mph in any gear even 6th and accelerate smoothly, I do have the standard exhaust

2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Morning Kevin1 I had the last fireblade 2014 abs model again no problem ....really sorry to hear yours is not running right I know it's easy to say but I would go back to the dealer ask them to get someone down from Honda as the bike is clearly not fit for purpose....don't back off go all the way with it you have rights the bike was brand new....

3. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

not that easy Honda are not the brand for customer service they used to be . Didnt want to know about the lack of any brakes (ABS issue) on mine or hundreds of others

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I respectfully wonder if this concept can be applied over the complete Honda range?

I think the top four Japanese manufacturers still equate racing wins (whether Moto GP or Superbikes) with sales. For this reason we see what might be considered 'over development' for some road road bikes in the form of SPs and homologation models. We see this with Honda's current SP2 with its different engine than the road bike; the new Kawasaki H2RR (homologation model) with its special valves etc, and I recall some some trick parts Yamaha employed in its R1. These bikes are clearly track-focused and result in these 'improvements' flowing on to normal production.

Whether this impacts directly on @Kevin1 s dilemma might cause some conjecture. However, we are now buying bikes that are VERY sensitive to alteration - both motor and suspension - and more often than not, beyond the 'average' enthusiasts ability to rectify problems or implement minor tweaks.

I see Kevin as a victim of this 'progress' into the arena of sensitive electronics. A gremlin has trespassed into his system and (to date) not even 'ordinary' Honda personnel can solve. This does not promote the merit of the Honda brand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Very true.

Seems they've gone backward, I remember how on top of things they were when I bought my 1999 CBR600F4 and my 2002 RC51.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I was wondering if there was another SP owner in my vacinity. I’m near Lancaster. Very close to kirkby Lonsdale.

7. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Not too far away...I'm in New York..lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. dgr

dgr Active Member

Have a look at this, .

Leeds is well within range for you, I would have thought.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

My mate had these issues on his 2017 SP and it was put down to water in the fuel. He had the recall done and was still having issues and found there was a fair bit of water still in the tank. Dealer said they had checked it but obviously not.

He ended up with a replacement 2018 bike, mainly for other problems with the bike so can't say for sure what the issue was.

He's not ridden the new one but will ask him if the throttle is any different to the last one.

10. hitch

hitch Elite Member

BUT...don't the manufacturers HAVE to make these bikes? ...I thought the whole point of producing the homologation models (SP2 etc.) was to meet racing regulations/approval.

11. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I’ll come to you:):)

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Huh? Racing is an ELECTIVE sport. Manufacturers do no HAVE to participate.

If we look to Kawasaki's latest release of the ZX-10RR, it is reported (ref: MCN Sept 12, 2018 that: 'In a bid to retain their edge in World Superbikes, Kawasaki have updated their ZX-10RR . . .' This is clearly to up their game and not as response to FIM or other regulatory body.

It is correct that some change are made to meet regulations, but in the main, manufacturers are pro-active to get the edge over the other. I think if we studied the introduction of most homologation models - the VF1000R and RC 30/45 in particular - I think we would find that they introduced innovation into the industry and the track.;)

13. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

48F8659E-9605-4481-84D1-A877C96B930F.jpeg I thought it was time we had a picture

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Yes, I agree however, if they elect to enter into racing then they have to make homologation models.
    It's a stupid game of oneupmanship and f*** knows where it will all end...180+bhp is insane and we are allowed to go and buy these machines to use for fun :D

15. hitch

hitch Elite Member

They even make the bikes look angry these days! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

You are correct. I can’t believe these machines are legal. Back in the 80s we were all saying this is mental. Who needs a bike with more than 100hp? We all know the answer to that. We do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Unless you buy one of these:
    https://happy-motor.com/
    Happy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

how come honda hasn't a 200bhp engine yet, are they using the old engine?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

20. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

whats the sp2 bhp nigel?