Kev's SP1 not a happy chappy

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Kevin1, Sep 17, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just stick some blonde hair on it!;)

This makes the case of having Woolich software a bit stronger too, although a major lay out of 300 quid!

2. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

My other bike 765 RS has also got a self learning ecu, I fitted a slip on SC project exhaust with in 5 miles the bike ran spot on and when I stopped the tone was completely different to when I fitted it. I am still waiting for my SP too learn ha ha think it’s been a thousand miles and it still runs shit with mode 1 not being able to be used

3. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Why can't you use mode 1?

4. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

It’s just rubbish it sorts of pulls back when on it, say if you see an opening in the traffic you give it a reasonable hand full it sorts of stutters pulls back like your asking to much of it, other mods it’s fine

5. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I too experience that hesitation in the throttle response.

6. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I have ridden my mates 2018 his is as smooth as you like, mine came from the dealers with the akrapovic gp can fitted it ran awful with that so I fitted the standard exhaust back on thinking it would sort this problem out no such luck, I have asked at the dealers and they told me they can’t adjust the ecu??
    I will put up with it but it won’t be staying after I finish my pcp 21 months to go ha ha

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

My Honda dealer told me EXACTLY the same thing when I was querying throttle response. I cannot accept that they 'can't adjust' the ECU; I think it's more a case of them not having the training or expertise to do so. To reinforce that, Woolich software will 'adjust' just about any component of the ECU. So, if Woolich can access it, why can't Honda. Could be another copout.

To verify what I say about Woolich (before people jump on the bandwagon AGAIN and call me a know-it-all;)), I have been in constant communication recently with Woolich about my 3 Blades. They can't cater for the 2004, but for the 2011 and 2018 they said this: "So just to be sure you could buy the 2011 on bike kit at £302 plus VAT & p+p and on top of that to do the 2018 SP2 you would just need a bin file for it at £77 plus VAT".

I post this just to illustrate that it is an expensive option for an owner, especially when a dealer SHOULD be doing this fine-tuning of a new bike under warranty!! Some forum members who have this software speak very highly of it, and it's apparently an easy system to learn - for the technologically minded.

8. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I begrudge paying that sort of money for a bike that cost biggest part of 20k. Also I don’t no how I will fair when handing the bike back if it’s fitted with woolich?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

If only the Honda Fireblade could be as pleasing, reliable and manage ones expectations as they did in 1998. I won’t go near a new one now, it is an ugly piece of electronic junk.

10. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Harsh ha ha ugly not having that but your right about the electronics ha ha

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Mine is sat in the garage looking very pretty and runs as smooth as butter....how is your sports tourer running ...by the way I had a 2014 there is a big difference between the two....suspension for a starters ....riding position more focused.....electronics allow to go quicker than I did on the last one,,,,,you can't state something is junk until you've had it ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

One Man’s meat is another Man’s and all that. I totally understand what you are saying Wozza. But would you like to keep that little cutie beyond it’s warranty period?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Your right more to go wrong and no doubt would be hundreds to fix simple issues....I know I wouldn't want to go daily use on one out of warrenty whereas my last one I wouldn't have been so concerned....

• Like Like x 1
  14. raphael

raphael Elite Member

It’s doesnt need to be fitted with woolwich as you can go to rich at Rb engineering and have your ecu custom mapped with the woolwich software and no one can tell if it’s been done or not unless the standard bike is that rough to start with?
    It’s not like a pc5 where it piggy backs the ecu

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. raphael

raphael Elite Member

But that’s what made the cbr1000rr popular compared with the other brands in the first place, the fact you could just hop on and be comfortable and do big miles without any niggles (apart from the abs obviously)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

There was issues on the 2017 sp that I rode with a yoshi on it throttle was all over the place....jerky and popping and banging everywhere....that's why I ordered a 2018 and cancelled the aftermarket can ....glad I did as once run in the standard one sounds fine...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. raphael

raphael Elite Member

You got lucky by the sounds of it mate as there a few not happy with there expensive purchases

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

As with cars it can these days be luck of the draw with any brand,,,,

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Is nobody going to bother going to the dealer with the argument that the 2019 has had revisions to the throttle and TC and therefore that is pretty much an admittance that there is something not quite right with some 17/18 bikes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Is your mate's 2018 an SP or standard.