KTM 125 SX 2015

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by tuktuk, Feb 13, 2018.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Might be sold :eek:

Supposedly collecting tomorrow but not holding my breath after previous Ebay experiences!

• Like Like x 3
  2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Classic Ebay experiance. Not heard a thing lol. I wouldn't dare waste anyone's time like that.

:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Sorry to hear.

That's two of us within a few days. You might have noticed on another thread that my aprilia was sold on eBay. At least with me the buyer did contact me with the big vets bill and losing a family member line.:rolleyes:

First time for me that I've been shafted. I'd been full of praise and recommendations before. I put it down to the old 'live and learn'. The only prob is that I think we pay a re-listing fee.:( (Unless they're in a 'free listing' period)

• Like Like x 1
  4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

So annoying. I had plans for today which I put aside to be here.

I listed as a classified ad this time as I put this up a while ago and some guy clicked buy it now without even speaking to me. He then decided he didn't want it but I would have been up for the sales fees. Managed to get it resolved but after this one aswell it's like I'm not meant to sell the thing Haha.

5. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Have you relisted the aprilia Nigel?

6. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Some people are bell ends unfortunately!
    You would have to re list it anyway if it didn't sell so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also you won't get charged the sale fee as you won't have received payment yet. And if you don't receive funds ebay will automatically send the buyer an invoice for payment.

When I've sold bikes and cars on ebay I always demand cash on collection and I've been pretty lucky in the past with no problems to report.

I'd say re list it if needs be and eventually it will sell. Just keep your expectations of people low to avoid disappointment :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Frig you, Paul.

Just made me look at the ad again. Makes me want to keep it!!:D

It really is just a space situation. Not too bad over summer I guess, but I just don't want to leave good bikes outside during winter. No matter how well we cover them, there's always the condensation problem.

Talking about covers, I must relay a funny situation of this afternoon. I was in my upstairs study and noticed a mattress company lorry arrive to deliver to a nearby neighbour. I hightailed it out of my house and approached the driver and asked if he had any plastic off the mattresses. I scored two.

These are brilliant as outdoor bike covers. Very thick plastic, and the double size covers the whole bike. Much stronger than the B & Q tarps and mattress shops are usually eager to get rid of them!:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Funny. I copped the same today. A guy went through all the motions, got my address, and said he'd be here at 3.pm.
    I go through the 'lounge room shuffle' to get the bike out, run it around the local industrial estate, and then 30 mins later he messages to say his wife won't let him!! A bit worried now after giving out my address. Bike will be inside though, so very safe. Have another couple of interested parties though - York and Newcastle.

11. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I was worried about giving out my address. Luckily it never got to that point but I am considering taking the bike to work and doing it from there, only for the fact I dont want my blade being seen. Probably sounds a bit paranoid but can never be too careful!

I think your a bit mad to sell the aprilia Nigel! I know you have a house full but it's a brilliant looking bike and you wont come across many that clean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

You’re not paranoid at all - whenever, I sell stuff I always try to do it from work. Trust nobody that you don’t know and you’ll have few surprises.

13. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

It's gone! Really sad to see it go considering I've hardly used it. Had to come down on price a bit but it's going to someone that knows what he's doing it on them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good result and I bet you're pleased.

Sorry I missed this:
    I know and I fully agree. It was a heart wrenching decision, but my first love is Honda. It came to the crunch and I just had to have the 954. Some will say: 'Why do you need 5 Blades?' No real answer other than I'm happy to have a good representation through the years, and other members influenced me to have the last of the Tadao Baba models. So, on that basis, it wasn't really my fault for buying it.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I have a soft spot for aprilia. My first geared bike was an rs 125, childhood dream bike. Would love a mille or rsv4.

Yeah pleased to have completed a sale on it, guy was nice too. I will definitely miss having it in the garage to look at but it made an expensive ornament!