KTM smc r Supermoto

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jayrepsol, Jun 9, 2019.

1. jayrepsol

jayrepsol Active Member

My second bike is a Suzuki DRZ 400 Supermoto which I love but thinking of upgrading to the KTM with more power and tons of electronic aids. I was originally thinking about a Ducati Hypermotard but they are way overpriced.

Has anyone got the KTM for feedback? , although supermoto seems to be a lot less popular these days.

Cheers.

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

3. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Right I'm on board . I myself love the smc. We currently dont have a demo but do have 6 road and 6 enduro in stock. From advice the guys at work have said is they are great fun . No huge miles but if your a Wednesday bike night /couple of hours b road person then you would struggle to have more fun. I'm actually thinking about one myself . Trying to get boss to put one on demo and the 701 husky and see which is best. Lads say smc is better road tool than husky. If im honest I would go smc. It's got the rider aids ect and just looks more road friendly than the husky. I also wanted a hypermotard for a while but price is stupid and its no where near as good as the KTM. Red or orange fella its up to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. jayrepsol

jayrepsol Active Member

I'm thinking new, they seem to be asking £9599. I wonder if they will discount for cash, never been one for PCP or dealer finance.

The dealers at Newcastle (M&S motorcycles) used to sell KTM's but don't anymore. Bikesport on Westgate hill sell KTM's but enduros and motocross not roadbikes.

It looks like my nearest is Thirsk 70 miles away.

I'm not ready to buy yet though need to sort my finances and sell my DRZ.

5. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Remember the dealers all earn money from finance. Discounts for cash dont exist most of the time.as its just a straight unit out job with whatever margin is left in bike which isn't as much as folk think. Our place would prob take the drz as a trade in too might be worth a call. We are in dewsbury.