Lacking power in low revs

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by mickey, May 19, 2019.

1. mickey

mickey New Member

Help!!!! Hi all hope some one can help me as I have pulled my hair out over this problem best thing too do is start at the beginning.......went out on my bike about 3 weeks ago and a plug died on me not the first time this has happened so I thought got a few jobs too do on it so might as well do them now so changed oil plugs oil filter ht leads and de- cat the exhaust after this the bike lacked power in the low revs so bought a dyno jet power commander plug and play comes mapped too my bike (2005 cbr1000rr) fitted commander and bike is still lacking power in the low revs and won’t tick over revs too high and I’m always turning the tick over screw don’t know what to check next hope someone can give me some guidance

2. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

have you check your secondary injectors and make sure they are all working and plugged back to loom? and other obvious things like all sparking ok with new leads, no pinched fuel hose etc?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mickey

mickey New Member

Can a bad stator cause these probs ?

4. mickey

mickey New Member

Can a bad stator cause these probs?

5. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Have you checked your idle and charging voltage with a multimeter?

btw when you decat and mapped the power delivery will be smoother (if everything is right) which is easily mistaken as losing low end power because you have a much smoother power curve instead of a jump. Did the power commander make any difference?

the won't tick over evenly normally start with checking if you got vacuum leak, plugs all work, coil all work, fuel lines, every plug back in etc; and if its a vacuum leak or not pumping fuel right it would affect low-end power. Start with that before tinkering with the power commander I would say.

6. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Hi, To me plugs do no normally die on a four stroke unless there is another issue. It sounds like it may be a coil issue. It is very hard to diagnose without seeing but just wondering when you say a plug died why did you decide this

7. mickey

mickey New Member

Changed the stator and the bike is running a lot better I Think I would never have thought that would of been a issue

8. mickey

mickey New Member

Because the bike was only running on 3 cylinders I changed coils and all the plugs