Less than 2 weeks to RAF Valley track day !!

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Simon, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

No Repsol blade this time ......

image.jpg

But there will be ......

image.jpg

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Very nice! You have the same lid as me :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Yes I'll be there on the SP so I'll look out for you, there both days :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

only a few sleeps now kids -

I'll be on The Fridge, white GSXR with 'The Fridge' in silver lettering down it and a blue tank
    Mate on Triumph street triple R -

Organiser may use the Fridge at some point - other mates there with the race team as shakedown / test weekend on their S1000rr endurance race bikes

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

Will be there only Saturday as I'm on a "coronation street" tour on Sunday ... don't ask :rolleyes:

6. Ritchierich

You are so lucky Si have a full fun packed weekend, I'm just doing do both days and so wish I was joining you on your TOUR, track days are boring ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Simon

Simon Active Member

Ha ha ha :) - even more bad planning though as I'm working nights Friday so looks like I'll be going straight from work to the track day (but as I work on the rescue helicopters I've only got to travel across the runway lol)

8. Ritchierich

So Si a bit of free practice for you before the main event and you can have the big yellow bird lighting the way for you :)

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

Lol Ritch, the chances of having a serviceable seaking is going to be a challenge but time off work now that's the impossible ha ha !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

One more sleep - bike just been collected - grey passat estate towing 2 bikes on trailer

Need to work out GoPro's, memory cards, power supply etc. - staying over locally so if weather poor Sat will call it short and make the most of Sunday - weather changes so fast up there anyway.

11. Ritchierich

See you there Al and as you were saying weather changing by the minute, look out for the SP, think I'll be the only one there.
    Just tried my GoPro now while out scrubbing the new Power Pilot 3's I've just had put on, footage is great and better still I downloaded the App for my phone to work and see footage off the camera :)

12. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Just seen this note:

Track is laid out. Thought it best to confirm a few times. Gates open at 0730. Paul Tye has worked his tits off sorting the entry list so please bear with us. I am hoping everything is covered but please be aware for security reasons if you're name isn't down, you won't be allowed access until we get to the bottom of the problem.
    Sign on from 0730, riders welcome and safety brief at 0900 at the latest. Aim is to get the first group (novice) on track at 0930 then inters at 0950 and advanced at 1010. 3 sessions in the morning, lunch from 1230-1330 and then 3 sessions in the afternoon. Please can all groups make sure they assemble in the holding area 5 mins before their session is due to begin. We will try to remind each group to assemble by loud hailer at the right time.
    The forecast is not great, that's life! Please ride appropriately for conditions and within your limits. Look after yourselves, your bikes, other riders and my airfield please and most of all, enjoy it!! Thank you for your support. I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow and hope to see you again in Jul for the Anniversary Event and again in Sept for the final event. Dates will be announced here tomorrow.
    Take care and ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
  13. restone

restone Active Member

Weather will be light rain in morning clearing fairly early to bright and breezy with some sun on sat.
    Sunday looks wetter in the morning clearing in the afternoon to clear and bright but not till mid afternoon.
    Will post later if things have changed ........I live hear so take an educated guess on 3 different forecasts + local knowledge;)

14. Alblade

Alblade God Like

What a shame the weather was as bad as it could have been.

My bike never left the trailer, at lunch we all decided to bail and I am currently sat in the pub to warm up and dry out before hopefully a dryer day tomorrow.

Have a few images to add when I get home - good to meet up with a few off here and hopefully all got home ok in the wet

15. Ritchierich

Good to of seen you Al, yes it was a little wet to say the least, however got back home and lovely sunshine so 1 hour of bike cleaning ready for tomorrow, here's hope for a dry track tomorrow.

16. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Hate to admit the weather defeated us - my bike never left trailer and wind this morning so strong / gusty the organisers delayed the start so we left at 10:

17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Will re book the next event July 12th and 13th.

Hotel was good and being in group of 6 was sociable weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

July 12th-13th you say Al?, hmm, just so happens, it's my weekend off.

I shall make some enquiries :)

19. Ritchierich

Us hardcore riders are still here, however still sat in Bro's car waiting to get out.
    Good that's it's stopped raining but still bloody windy.
    Guy's out on course with sweeper sucking it dry :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. restone

restone Active Member

It dried out eventually .....still a few wet patches and bloody windy, a bit like kite surfing down the runway at points.......half lean in a straight line. Still we had a good few sessions on a drying track that got progressively less windy and sunny:cool: