LHS Fairing Panel Refit

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Matt Myers, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Matt Myers

Matt Myers New Member

Having some problems refitting the LHS main fairing panel on my 2010 Blade

There's a large electrical connector that is getting trapped between the LHS fork leg, bottom yoke and the inside panel on the fairing. I don't know how to correctly route it. It doesn't look like it is possible to route it to fit inside the fairing. Does anyone know how it is routed?

20200926_105655.jpg 20200926_105723.jpg 20200926_105731.jpg

2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I've removed and refitted fairings on my 09 a few times and I definitely remember coming across this. It should not be exposed like that, needs to be tucked in between the inner fairing cowl which is the black plastic part that's screwed to the outer fairing and under the air duct cover .......from memory this is. Its a couple of years since I did it. Unfortunately the fairings on your model are the most fiddly over engineered fairings ever designed on a motorcycle :eek::D:D it just takes a few goes and a bit of time to suss it out.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matt Myers

Matt Myers New Member

Hi Paulo

Yes, I figured it out in the end. The large connector sits in a recess inside the fairing beneath the induction ducting. What a bloody mission it was refitting it all. Took me ages of faffing around to get everything back together and fitting together nicely.

• Like Like x 3
  4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Jobs a good'en!;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Jobs a good'en!;)

6. Matt Myers

Matt Myers New Member

Yeah mate. All back together. Oil change, oil and air filters, new plugs, a thorough valet. Cleaned chain which I am just about to adjust

Couldn't believe how complex the induction system is, especially the reservoirs in the fairing that catch all the bits of road stone, water and dead bugs before they end up in the airbox!

The small drain hole on one side was blocked so it was full of water. Worth checking for anyone removing their fairing. The trickiest bit is reconnecting all the vacuum hoses and connectors and routing them before you refit the fairing panel. A spare pair of hands would have been nice!

IMG-20200926-WA0000.jpeg

#6 Matt Myers, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

It's only difficult the first 30 times...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Matt Myers

Matt Myers New Member

I won't do it again in a hurry, that's for sure.

I've got 1952 Triumph. Spark plug change takes 3 minutes versus a whole day for the Blade! :D