Lockdown- what you done?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Yeah I may have been considerably over. Sneaky buggers have them through the roadworks, fair enough...protect work force etc, but then works stop and speed limit goes back up to national speed limit. However about 2 miles further on they have another set of bloody speed cameras linked to the roadworks ones. So basically anyone over about 80 after the roadworks gets done....gits

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

DM you should try riding a 1299 in Monaco in 37° I reckon I became infertile for life !:eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Paul Longstaff

Stop pretending a Ducati made it all the way to the south of France and was still working when you got there.........liar liar bums on fire :oops:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Were you on the bike Paul? Arent they all front facing?

Think I'm going to head over Alston way today.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Longstaff

Yes on the blade. Both cameras are on one pole and both appear to be facing the same way so one taking forward facing and 1 rear facing but I couldn't work out which was which so I'm really not sure if I got caught or not. Just be careful all the way to the Alston turn off on A69 as it's still covered by cameras. Once your off the A69 it's all fun from there, though a parish councilor keeps bithching on about all the civid infected bikers arriving in Alston :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  6. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Got some new levers today
    4BFEFC8C-F123-4000-804E-743FA74191C5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

Too hot right now, learnt my lesson from yesterday going to wait until later tonight when it cools down before i go for a spin !!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Longstaff

Just been out done about 80 miles on the blade around Northumberland and I'm sweating :D
    Flies halted my fun as I couldn't see anything
    20200520_120053.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I got sunstroke riding not last year but the year before. Even stopped for a drink and I was puking when I got back. Leathers unzipped and everything. Horrible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Longstaff

I'm going out after lunch but on the beemer and not in leathers. More relaxed and more cooling.
    Helmet now nice and clean again:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

UPDATE Post came today - a credit card statement dated 1st May and a letter dated 6th May. With 4 adults living at home when we come back from a 2 week holiday there are usually at least 20 actual post items (not counting flyers, free papers and junk). There must be one hell of a backlog in the sorting office so anything from plod @Paul Longstaff could be weeks away. Isn’t there legislation that you need to receive the notification within so many days for it to be enforceable or does that go out the window under present circumstance?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

think its 6 months . my last fine came on last day it was eligible. if it is over time I bet rules will change in their favour

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I have previously run 10w40 in the summer - doesn't make it run much cooler though.
    Also run a switch on the bigger fan, you mostly notice the heat when it the frame becomes a heat sink the keeping the fan on just avoids this a little longer.

Lol, the main advantage of the M4 was you could run at speeds where the bike could actually cool down, now as its limited at 50mph you cant even do that!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Marc

Marc Active Member

Never went over 55 officer..........;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Paul Longstaff

I think its 6 months to prosecute you but they only have 14 days to notify you of their intention to prosecute hence why it's the NIP that's more time dependent. I think the courts still uphold the Nip if it's only a day or 2 outside 14 day rule to allow for postage delays.
    So i reckon I'm not clear until a week from next Saturday . Fingers crossed

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Man, I hate the NIP wait!
    I think the NIP has to sent within 14 days of the offence, rather than received, I've generally given it 2 or 3 days after that before giving myself the all clear!.

Saying that all of mine have been received within a week!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Yep, the Courts still believe that a letter posted with a 1st class stamp always gets delivered the next day, and if plod date the letter for during the 14 day period you will also struggle to prove it wasn't delivered on time.

20. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Back up to Kielder today, they had opened the car park which was nice and there were approx 15 bikes there with everyone nicely spaced apart. Thankfully the bogs were open as otherwise I wouldnt have been able to see with the amount of bugs I'd collected! In my rush to get out I'd forgotten the visor spray and cloth. Apparently the shop and restaurant/cafe is looking to open at the start of the month :)

• Like Like x 2