Lockdown- what you done?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping they are operating on reduced man power so might get away with it :rolleyes:

2. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

If you have a bluetooth helmet with speakers in it or have headphones in and have a phone with a big enough battery or a case battery then you can just leave Waze or TomTom AmiGO running in the background and it will alert you - think there are others by Sygic and Radarbot but never tried them.

TomTom AmiGO is the one I'm using at the moment its their old speedcamera app they've rejigged to give Waze a run for its money, works well for me and there's enough options to what it will alert you to and not in the app.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

It did just shy of 3000 miles in 11 days, broke the bump stop off the bottom yoke in Spain near Bilbao, q/s failed in Andorra, dash pixelated in Digne France and the paint melted of the clutch case and generator cover in Monaco.. but it did it:D

More like liar liar bollox on fire

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Got caught down here in Cornwall last year, 71mph on the main A30 at 8.15 in the evening no central reservation so a 60mph. Bike cop hiding on the other side of the bridge I was approaching, couldn't even see him if I knew he was there. I was doing 10mph over the said speed limit 3 points, no speed awareness course. Rang the Speed Camera in Plymouth the most twatest people on the planet, all I could get you broke the limit, I asked if the 2 cars I was following got done aswell seeing as the distance between the 2 pictures looked the same judging by the catseyes..I doubt it though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Some justice though:D

98026671_1880555458747950_7520015769929777152_o.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Managed to get an Abus lock and chain for free from Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001E7CNIU

Ordered one, and when it was due for delivery they emailed saying "Sorry, the item has been damaged in transit, we are returning it to the warehouse, you will receive a refund in 5 days, once we get it back to the warehouse"

Opened up chat support with them and was like how the hell have they damaged a solid metal chain and padlock, can you not just send out a replacement?

They sent out a replacement which is due for delivery today and this morning got an email saying refund has been processed now they have received it back :D Win Win!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Got a graphics card off them a few years ago like that, then a few months later they messed up a return for a mobile and so they just marked it as returned and then sent me the replacement :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. MrB

MrB God Like

• Like Like x 9
  10. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Fitted new carbon tank extender to give the crap std tank shape on the new R1 a better profile, feels better on the bike, more "locked in" for sure, got some stomps on order but not sure they will be needed... :eek:
    Will fit them anyway :D

IMG_20200518_190707.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  11. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I do like the look of that, fancied getting the Ken Tate tank for the Blade but doesn't suit the profile of my corona belly

edit lol that would be Ten Kate, the version reserved for non dyslexic tea totals

#651 Slick, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 6
  12. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

I'm mega lucky as my son 9 and daughter 5 are both massively into bikes.
    My son has been riding motorbikes since he was 2 but gone a bit more into football now but still loves bikes and likes to go on back.
    My daughter had her first pillion ride around the block on sunday as her feet can reach the pegs now.
    Fingers crossed they carry on with this when they ate older.
    I have failed with the wife though. No way will she have a bike lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

you dont look that lucky on avatar photo

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

Hahahah I was pushing my luck at cadwell. 6 degrees first time on slicks elbow down then 5 laps later massive highside hahahaha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  15. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I thought I read somewhere that there is no time limit as to when they have to issue a fine:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Cracking photo :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

Wow! 6 degrees elbow down that's impressive!

18. Paul Longstaff

If your not told at the time of the offence that they intend to prosecute you they have a 14 day window to issue a Notice Of Intended Prosecution
    (Nip) once that is served you are then on notice that they will prosecute you within the next 6 months. If they forget then after 6 months it lapses.
    If they dont notify you within the 14 days via a Nip then again it lapses and they cant prosecute for the alleged offence though there is a bit of leeway on the 14 days due to post etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

That's a great picture:cool:

I so wish I had the balls too do that.. although if I got that far over I feel my stomach would hit the ground before my knee or elbow:oops:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Paul Longstaff

Hes got got really good body positioning unlike myself where its ALL wrong, but in my defense that's why I was doing a race school. I couldn't lean further as the pegs kept hitting down so it was ALL my crap positioning.
    I would like to add that about 3 laps after this photo I binned it !
    FXCD0030.jpg

#660 Paul Longstaff, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2