Lockdown- what you done?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, Mar 28, 2020.

1. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Mines the same....... Went in to the kitchen one day, veg boiling away in the hob....... Chicken sat there on the worktop not even been near the oven!!! :rolleyes:

Fucking clueless :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  2. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Well the blade won so had an early outing to Rothbury this morning and yes shes covered in dead stuff again. I've got some ceramic coating on order so she will need a full and proper clean for that anyway so why not . Left home about 9am and the roads were nice and quiet for me to have some fun in the sun. Very pleasant it was :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

40 miles of country and woodland A & B roads for me this morning. Ranging from nice, smooth and sweeping to surfaces that felt like someone had taken a garden rake to it.

Winding the 1050 triple on in 3rd and 4th now and the sound it makes through the twin Arrows is addictive. The whole transmission and engine are so smooth. Having owned 2 strokes, inline 4s and twins I think this is the best road engine I've used.

Having the Ohlins setup is probably the best cash I've spent, other than the petrol.

This one is feeling like it could make it into the top 3 alongside my big bore 98 RS125 and first 954.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Noticing a lot of damn "loose chippings" being laid around Lincs at the moment, damn things should be banned :mad:

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Fully agree, just came back from a blast around up to Louth and Mablethorpe then back to Lincoln, chippings everywhere!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Ridiculous number of Risk of Skid warnings in my local area. They really shouldn't be allowed to do that to the roads, even when it is the side road being dressed the amount of gravel you can get at the junctions is ludicrous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Saw a sign a couple of weeks back warning the road in to Louth from the Woods was due to be ripped up this week/weekend, but then next time I went by the signs were gone! Have they done the nasty?

8. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

I lived in legbourne untill Mrs graveltrap arrived on the scene and deported me to yorkshire. that road from louth to willy woods still has various faring shards in its bushes from my youth as I cartwheels through them on kr1 zxr gsxr bikes of my past. oh and my brothers mk2 fiesta I rolled that into a field coming back from brands wsb in 93 ish . I fell asleep . road chip has always been popular in lincs . it should be banned . it doesnt last anyway .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gravel trap

also I've been out for 3 hours on blade came home busting for a pee and just let go of her totally forgot to put side stand down . utter dick head. one snapped mirror is all damage bungs saved the rest thankfully.

10. Gravel trap

11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

That's where bungs come in really useful..... Low speed or stationary drops :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DazK

DazK Active Member

Put Palm ll mirrors on, proper glass and a blind spot enlarger. Fitted the Translogic and fook me it workso_O:D:D
    From the box to fitted in the pics. Only took four hours FFS:D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  14. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

15. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Well I was going out for a good blast on my blade today. However driving around the wonderful Lincolnshire biking roads over the last week or so, I have noticed that virtually all of them have been wrecked with the dreaded ‘Surface dressing’. Why oh Why.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Yeah a few people mentioned Lincolnshire obsession with 'chippings' this year.
    Completely buggers the road up. Next year the chippings will have gone from 2 trye tracks leaving them uber polished underneath with a nice neat pile of them in the middle.
    You might have to travel further afield to 'wind it on '

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

This was what a supposedly 'bedded' in chippings and swept dual carriageway near me did to my bike after riding down it once!
    Even chipped the forks :eek:
    It was months after it had been done too. Took a chunk out of my brand new lid as well!

20200531_174756-1.jpg 20200531_174722.jpg 20200531_174655.jpg 20200531_174616.jpg

18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

All the top riders do that, you just need to practice a bit harder, it’s far better when you get your body trapped under it, saves a lot of damage, trust me I know what I am talking about :confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Lozzy that is awful .

• Agree Agree x 1