Lockdown- what you done?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

It's ok though because they put a sign up, bunch of twats the lot of 'em :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

FFS say what you mean and stop mincing your words :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Woke up to discover that drunk late-night Grooveski had dismantled both my sets of speakers and scattered their guts all over the living room. :( Looks like he's planning on using the cones from the little JVC's to replace the crappy mid-range on the big ones and fit the crossovers that have been lying around for a while.

It's not a bad idea. Original cones and non-existant crossovers on the left, replacements on the right.

[​IMG]

...but FFS, I'm supposed to be carrying on with the work on the wee ZXR and barreling a batch of IPA today and now have this shambles to contend with.
    Drunk Grooveski can be a pain in the ass sometimes. It's not so bad when he randomly orders junk on ebay but leaving me his unfinished projects... :mad: Bloody Sliwowica guzzling numpty!
    If he really wanted to be useful he could at least have rummaged around and found a blade for the jigsaw. :rolleyes:

Mmmm - 200 watts per channel of neighbour annoying loveliness. :D

[​IMG]

#724 Grooveski, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Longstaff

I'm in my garage cleaning my bikes in readiness for their ceramic coating. Blade just finished so only needing a quick wipe down with IPA now.
    Starting beemer as soon as I finish my coffee
    I like speakers too (especially when Mr Stella has been around)
    Speaker boxes still in roof void of the garage ! 20200602_130226.jpg

6. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

7. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain Lozzy :mad:

Another reason why I always fit Ventureshield, it may get to look a bit tacky after a couple of year with the edging slightly lifting but it good at 80% of unwanted stonechip.:mad:

Makes you so angry, we pay all the so called road fund licence that should be used for roads. But all we get is a cheap fix with road chippings and pot holes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

I've got some ceramic coating, but don't trust myself to apply it. don't forget to give us before after shots would like to know from someone first hand than youtube sales pitch!

9. Paul Longstaff

Do my best to get some pics but prob not of the blade as she is pretty new still so the paint is in good shape so wouldn't expect to see much difference on her.

10. Paul Longstaff

I'm really only doing it to try and protect the paint a bit more than sealants and waxes.
    I just find modern paint finishes since going more water based incredibly soft and get marked so easily.
    Just walking past my car and it can leave a faint white scratch, I can polish them out but I'm hoping this will reduce the need for constant polishing

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Longstaff

£60 got me this lot and a nice fresh clay bar too
    50ml bottle should do 2 bikes and 2 cars with 2 coats each and probably a bit more too.
    20200602_142732.jpg

Told my missus I had bought her a pressie and presented the uber lube to a face of complete bemusement, should have videotaped her :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

They look the part. ;)

...and I'm guessing we're talking about different types of IPA, can't imagine this stuff improving paintwork any. :)

Drunk numpty missed a trick. He was forgetting that horns don't need crossovers.
    ...so looks like I'll be stuffing in the JVC tweeters as well and just running the horns with their existing res/cap wiring off the inner terminal posts.
    Plenty of room in the cabs for the cones. The grills however are a bit of a squeeze. Had to mock it up to make sure there was room for all the clamps. :D

[​IMG]

13. Paul Longstaff

That looks like you have a plan, you should do the cutting when you've had a skinful and show us your handy work on here :confused:

14. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Another 40 miles for me tonight. Fortunately Birmingham council seem too bankcrupt to even be able to afford stone chip. I'm just riding though the moon surface, which is preferable.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Lifted out the one-piece to wash some bugs off and have ended up de-nessing it. Never been keen on branding and this is designed for it to be visible from every direction imaginable. Big 10" 'ARLEN NESS's on the front, back, arms and legs.

Three down, three to go - one stitch at a time with a scalpel. Hit a test section with a pencil eraser which done a good job of getting rid of the faint outline and traces of glue. Then it'll be wash, dry and feed the whole suit which should sort out the shade variance(under the patches the leather is bone dry).

Gonna be a long day. :rolleyes:
    ...but worth it. Plain black suit to go with the plain black bike. I'm nothing if not a traditionalist. :p

• Like Like x 3
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Finally managed to cycle up my jinx hill. Not that big a hill in the scheme of things but it goes to just over 10% gradient and my heart rate went over 160 doing it. Would probably have been faster getting off and pushing the bike though :oops:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Paul Longstaff

Is your engine buggered??

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Pistons are a bit slack, heavy old materials not carbon fibre, and the engine has done too many miles to be sporty any longer :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Speaker rebuild finished and sounding great. Much richer vocals and drums just as I was hoping for
    Toying now with adding 8" sub-bass woofers in the bases - dedicated floor shakers. :)

[​IMG]

20. Paul Longstaff

Brilliant mate but and I am confused here, do you have a stripped down motorcycle in your living room or ( god forbid) have you wall papered your garage :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1