Lockdown- what you done?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, Mar 28, 2020.

1. edderby

edderby Active Member

Lovely stretch of road that - one of my faves.

Just on a long riding trip around Spain at the moment (in Cordoba tonight and it’s 36C). Nice that the Bardney road should be freshly grippy for when I’m back. Many thanks Lincs Council roads team…

• Like Like x 1
  2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

yeah we use that stretch a lot, sadly might have to find a different route for a week or two then :( bloody highways department should be made to ride bikes on fresh chipped roads to see how dangerous they are...

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. edderby

edderby Active Member

Well they do put signs up and it’s pretty easy to see a freshly tarred and chipped surface (or hear it as the tarry chips whack onto your paint and stick on). Just have to trundle through at 20mph cursing and not return for a couple of weeks like you say?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Doesn't really matter if you're doing 20mph when the cnuts in cars are doing triple that and throwing it up. My sp's immaculate paint was chipped after a trip down a bypass that was so poorly done, they had to resurface part of it again after numerous complaints.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bladey

bladey Senior Member

I got a mate who is in the tarmac business. He was called to resurface a runway on a base near here after the first company that did it failed totally. A couple of F35’s took off and blew the new top surface off it completely. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Coda

Coda Active Member

Certified airfields need to be maintained by certified and government approved contractors. The mind boggles.

7. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Shows how good the certification process is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Checked it out today. Bit from A631 to A157 is still ok, but from A157 to A158 is ripped up. Bloody annoying as it is my favourite road, but if the fix the bit by the farm under the trees I'll forgive them.

9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Looks like the are also going to be ripping up the A631 all the way to Louth over the next few weeks.

10. Coda

Coda Active Member

At least you're going to have some decent roads after. I just hope they don't have your best roads ripped up during the summer.
    Round here, all roads seem to have life-threatening potholes, or at least broken surfaces. I think it's a conspiracy to make bikers go everywhere at 30mph or less.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bladey

bladey Senior Member

They can try :D:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Road down it this morning. They have now started painting the road markings, some edge marking done, and centre line was being prepped and got caught behind the truck on a twisty bit.

Saw a Waitrose van and wondered if it was our own @dessp2 ?