London Bike Show 2013

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by lambeth longshanks, Feb 7, 2013.

1. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Discount codes: London Bike Show 2013

Ahoy

Are there any discount codes available for the show, shipmates? I've already booked my ticket but just wondered. It's £17.50 including the mysterious £1.50 booking fee. I think that's steep for a fairly wee show.

#1 lambeth longshanks, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Simply enter the promotional
    code ELMCC
    or
    code LMS07
    or
    code EXG10

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

By the power of grey skull! thats expensive ;)

Ill be going.... Not sure which day yet, prob the Sunday....

• Like Like x 1
  4. lambeth longshanks

As for YOU, shipmate!:)

5. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Anyone going Saturday?............dropping wife off in the city and then I'm billy no mates till tea time so I might pop over for a look,hav'nt been for years and I missed the NEC due to illness.Whats the parking like?

6. lambeth longshanks

Not sure about car parking, shipmate. It's good for bikes. You just ride into one of the spare halls. Really cool. Dry. Warm . I'm going on Friday I'm afraid.

7. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

Weekend off so going on sunday. Seems to be more on and a bsb season launch with some of the riders. Is it a decent show for bargains? New boots and warm gloves needed.

8. lambeth longshanks

I'm hoping it is. It's not a huge show though. I'm after a tail tidy and heated grips off r+g, a screen off Skidmarx and TCX s-r1 goretex boots. Hoping my finely-honed kasbah trading skills will ensure it's a bargaintastic day!

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

We might venture down, most likely be Sunday, that's if we can be arsed at all. See how it goes.

Sent from Freedom's Hellberry

10. callumw

callumw Active Member

I picked up a rush job, so that's my weekend gone :(

Dammit - weather's good all weekend too :rolleyes:

11. Spudkent1

Spudkent1 Active Member

just got back from the show very very busy it is a small show but a good day out

12. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

So..........question for our "London " based crew?...............I,m going Saturday,taking wife and she's doing a show so she needs to catch the train from Excel...to...Tower Hill?,then jump on the Tube to Victoria ,once there she'll go by foot to see Wicked at the Apollo.Now then...............she's going to get the Tube back to Tower Hill and this is where it gets tricky............she wants me to park up and wait there for her!!............Is there any parking around there?? I think she thinks its just like our little town where U can bump the curb and wait for ages .Someone said theres no Congestion charge at the w/ends?

13. Freedom of choice

Yes your right there is no congestion charge at the weekend. Also as far as I know there is no parking by Tower Hill tube or the DLR station so best find a side street close by to park up ask your good lady to call you when she gets out the station. I also think the DLR round the Excel is down for maintenance this weekend so check the TfL web site for updated info. Hope this helps Haggler.

14. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

F**k!!!.............any ideas?.Maybe I could drive into the city a bit further?

15. Freedom of choice

Having given this a bit more thought I think there is a multi-storey car park on Shorter Street it’s not showing on Google maps but I am pretty sure there is one. Bear in mind the further into town you go, the more parking will cost. Not that this is going to be much good to you.

It’s just not your day mate. According to the TfL website the Circle line is completely closed and the District line is also closed between S Kensington and Aldergate E. Plus the DLR is closed between Canning Town and Beckton. So you’re screwed for both the Excel and the theatre from Tower Hill. I don’t have a clue what buses to get.

If I had had a bit more notice I might, (might being the operative word here) have been able to wangle you parking at Waterloo, but have no way to sort it on a Saturday morning.

You’re going to need a plan B mate, and need someone better then me to advise you.

On the basis of the above I don’t think we will bother going to the bike show, the Excel car park is going to be heaving as driving in is going to be the only viable option.

TfL don’t you just love them. The bike show organisers must be fuming mad.

16. lambeth longshanks

Sorry, Haggler. Didn't log on last night. How you getting on, shipmate. I enjoyed the show yesterday.

17. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

after dropping wife off a Bow Tube station this morning I carried on to Excel,I only stayed a couple of hours so I shot down the A2 to MasterBladers and hasseled him all afternoon.Got the wife to catch train to Orpington and I picked her up there.Jobs a goodun.Thanks Freedom.............at least you thought about it.

18. Freedom of choice

My pleasure Haggler glad it turned out alright in the end.