Look at this w*****! Croft Circuit 12/08/2021

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Montylamont, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

So I was having a great day until some idiot on a ginger blade stood me up going into sunny in.

Previously he'd done it to my pal behind me and also me earlier in the day, the guy is gonna hurt someone, trackdays are not race days. There is no trophy or accolades for winning inters.

Attached Files:

2. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

Did you complain to the organisers? He is way too close in my opinion, but I guess you need to complainand let the organisers sort.

3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Yea he's a bit close isn't he, atleast he didn't stick it up the inside though.

4. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

I did but it was last session that happened so he got lucky, wish I'd gone the first time when he refused to be overtaken then cut me up, he did stupid stuff all day to others aswell

5. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

Yeah I suppose, but atleast there was all the track on the inside, and would have seen him looking towards the apex. My mates were following and couldn't believe it

6. Iain

Iain Active Member

Not sure what the issue is, the pics don't show much on my computer, and I am not a regular track day user, but you have a choice. Be near the guy, or not. If you are faster go away from him, if not build some space. He paid the same as you, what is the issue?

7. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

You maybe have it out of context, but as per safety breifing close passes like this are not allowed.

He was overtaking, I was taking the line, as he was the person overtaking he is responsible for the overtake and should do so in a safe manner and leave room. Not come so close , brake infront and cut me up so much so I had to alter my line. The camera makes it look further away than it was there was about 1-2 foot to the left of me.

8. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

9. Iain

Iain Active Member

Sorry, don't see an issue, you were slow into that corner, he/she was a lot faster, even the girls in front left you behind, don't see an issue - even on the road!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Disclaimer first - Not a trackday rider and don’t profess to be a fast rider by any stretch myself (just a safe one :D). Also, I wasn’t there, so can’t comment as to what else went on or happened other than what’s in the video you have posted.

However the video (IMHO) shows:
    1. That you appear to have been falling back from those in front of you before orange made his move.
    2. Orange to have been a faster rider than yourself.
    3. Orange took the safer line by going around the outside of you to make the pass.
    4. Perception for how near or far away orange was when passing you is difficult to determine from the camera angle etc. I can appreciate that it would have felt a lot nearer at that moment for you, but having made the pass, orange was off and away quick enough catching the group ahead at a rate of knots.

Maybe orange was running in a lower group than normal (intermediates instead of advanced) apologies if the terminology isn’t correct, but you get the idea. And again I don’t know the details of how the groups were running or which you were in, so I could be totally wrong. But assuming I’m not too far off the mark, it could just be that oranges overtake was just less common for the group you were running in and took you by surprise.

11. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

Firstly - No in wasn't me, I was there on the 13th though. What group were you in? If it was novice then I think it was a bit naughty as you generally aren't prepared for that situation and can make errors in choosing a new line. If it was inters then I see it all the time and am normally a bit annoyed but carry on as normal. I've been cut up and have had many close passes done to me, just live with it. Quite often if it was a close call the chap would come over at the end of the session and apologise.

12. dern

dern Well-Known Member

It did seem close but it didn't look like your ability to take the line was affected.

Anyway, the time to sort these things out is on the day not calling him a wanker and trying to find him after the event.

13. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

Oh and I was still travelling towards the left
    Yeah I usually would let it slide, im used to the odd close pass, but as I say, It wasn't the only time it happened. He did stupid stuff all day to everyone.

And to the non track rider, it's a track day not a race day, the safety breifings explain what you aren't allowed to do and close passes are not allowed, it happens accidently at times but after watching the video again I was actually still traveling left He absolutely should not have been there. The reason I fell behind was because I had to brake and completely miss the apex because of him. I was nackered at end of the day so not as fast and going in but you can see how much I gain on him on the left hander, im not in the wrong group. Inters is usually a vast spread of skill, and that day was no different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

Aye, he did though, I was still traveling left, was not expecting it at all camera makes it look better. I did try at the day but the organiser said last session nothing I can do about it.

15. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

I was nackered at end of a session so I was a bit slower but you should over take safely, I do have more footage of me keeping pace. You should never do a trackday if you think it's alright.

16. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

And also only slow because he slowed me down.

17. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

Ps this was not a raceday the rules are very different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Same here coming in to Redgate at 3:35 last month. It's a last minute decision taken by an individual, which sometimes catches you out.Not much you can do other than report them on the day if you feel that their riding is dangerous. The main thing is that nobody crashed, whether by luck or by skill.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Montylamont

Montylamont New Member

This is it muff, Ridiculous isn't it, similar to thedodgey passes today in BSB, yet on a non competitive day. Yeah this is it, happy there was no crash but in that split second you're thinking fuck I'm in the gravel then have to commit and also not fuck up someone behind you because you've had to take evasive action. I wouldn't have minded the once it's forgivable people make mistakes, but when that's the third time and other lads saying he's being doing bell end moves all day, you know you have a complaint, I go for fun, not to win inters and risk binning my bike ;)

20. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

You could always join the "Trackday Addicts" facebook page and post your youtube link, it will be someone on there. Just be prepared though.