Looking for some new wheels for a good mate

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by julestys, Feb 24, 2014.

1. julestys

julestys Active Member

Hi Guys

Good mate of mine came off his Suzuki 600 GSXF and it looks like its totalled.
    So he will need some to replace it with
    He paid £900 for his Y plated bike and will only have a budget of around £1,000 for another bike.
    Hence me asking the good people of this forum if they know of anything that anyone has for around £1,000?
    Obviously he's not expecting a Blade but something decent like he had before

Trust you guys more than e bay gamble.

Thank you

Jules

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

James?

Time for another Bike?

3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

4. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

There's a guy over on tz-uk.co.uk who's just stuck up his sv650 for £1250. I don't know much about their values but he seems to think its a bargain. I can always contact him and get a number if you think it'll be of interest.

Bargain priced SV650s for sale. W Reg (2000), 29k miles.

A surprisingly well sorted and well looked after bike that's great fun to ride. I bought it from an enthusiast who had already fitted a K&N air filter which gives it an induction roar like a 916, and added braided hoses. I then replaced both front and rear suspension with racing components from J&S in Bristol, including progressive forks with adjustable pre-load, which allow you to tweak the steering geometry to taste. The small indicators that had been fitted were replaced with equally small ones that flash at the right speed for an MOT, and I also have the larger originals if preferred. It's also recently gained Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyres, which have plenty of tread on them, are long lasting, and work well in both wet and dry due to being multi-compound. The result is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing and a bargain summer ride - it's not a bike that gets stolen the moment your back is turned (unlike my previous 4 bikes), but it pulls like a train from way down in the rev range and puts a smile on your face every time.

Minus points - the bodywork is a bit scrappy in places (shown) due to me parking it in a tiny bicycle / pram shed with white painted walls. Though this does mean it has been garaged overnight for about 5 years. It's an import, which has no effect other than requiring a piece of gaffer tape to be affixed to one of the lights. And the speedometer occasionally decides to rest for a while, there must be wire loose that needs sorting next service time. But otherwise it's a great 650 twin stealth racer for less than the price of 125 scooter.

Serviced last spring and ridden for about 2,500 miles since. Taxed until 1st July. Contribute to my Street Triple R fund and win a prize!

PRICE: £1250 FIRM, no haggling at this price!

• Like Like x 1
  5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

"I bought it from an enthusiast who had already fitted a K&N air filter which gives it an induction roar like a 916!"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. dave d

dave d Elite Member

7. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Just like a 916, in a Suzuki kinda way lol!

• Like Like x 1