Lost something on a ride?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by okeloon, May 19, 2017.

1. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

Well bugger me if I didn't have a disaster on the way home tonight...finished early at 4, quick blast from Douglas to Ramsey and back over the mountain on the way to Glen Vine and I arrived home with my backpack not as full as when I left work...I appear to have lost a Tesco loaf...wife not best pleased. Cider and sausages were still safely tucked away though, so not all bad ;)

Anyone else lost anything whilst out n about?

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

You mean you didn't say to the missus...Oh damn I'm sorry, I'll just have to ride all the way back over again & try & find it...thus enjoying another blast & cunningly calling at Co op for a replacement :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Forget the bread, if it came out the bag at speed it'll be toast ;)

IGMC

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Is there a reward if any of us coming over for the tt find it? :)

5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Before the days of the GoPro I made a way to mount a regular camcorder to my bike, but it took off during an overtake. The car behind wasn't too happy, but neither was I as the camera disintegreted and memory card went AWOL. Would have made for some interesting footage too :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

I dread to think what happened to it....there were lots of mobile chicanes up there today, and at least my James Bond style device was a fresh thick brown loaf and not the cans of cider lower down in the back pack!!:D

7. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Years ago travelling form Germany home while going through Belgium I lost my passport out of my tank bag. Rode back wrong way on hard shoulder but couldn't find it so carried on to ferry and got through with my army ID card, luck but what was even luckier was the ferry ticket was in the same zip pocket and it was still there. :)
    M6 motorway throw over paniers came off and landed between lane 2 and 3, managed to get them back but not without considerable danger running out between gap in traffic :-(
    Shorts out of back pack I used to wear under my overalls, lets just say it was a tad chilly that day but the good news was the butties reminded in there :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Lost a bottle of fizz from off the back of the bike - saw it all happen :D

Some thieving baboon took it :D

Monkey steals the Fizz.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Lost my mojo a few times :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Lost a Midland (Go pro type) camera at Silverstone forum trackday. Silverstone staff said we can look but it could be absolutely anyware. Tried their lost property a few weeks later to be told things like that don't get handed in.The rep I bought it from was embarrased I lost it,he sent me another one. The rep wanted to see the footage to show other customers.Cameras need to be strapped down with safety cords attached,I didn't read the mounting instructions properly:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Millsp1

Millsp1 Active Member

Lost my Oxford tail pack on the Fort William to Mallaig road, Bungee straps came undone, Mate behind me said it was like a Wallace bouncing bomb & nearly took him out, Didn't realise for 3 miles, Turned round & found it at the side of the road, not a mark, Have acquired some Rock straps instead!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Many years ago I lost a pair of my favourite shoes from under the springy rack thing on the back of my NVT moped.

13. Fire3500

Fire3500 New Member

I thought Shoprite was where the riders shop?

14. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Lost my licence - twice !:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Was going to pay my mate some money I owed him, £240, my licence, bank card & Costco card disappeared from my pocket ,which I had stupidly forgotten to zip up :eek:.
    Retraced my steps, some 25 miles ! found a £10 note 2 miles from home which turns out was unlikely to have been mine.
    Sulked for a while , ducked when I told Marion :eek::eek:, ordered another bank card & licence £20, so now minus £250 :(
    Any way week later my licence and Costco card turns up in the post was found 20 miles from home. So didn't need to spend £20 on a new licence, but still some one had bothered to post them back.

moral of the story keep money etc in inside pockets ( failing that do them zips up !! ) did I learn from this mistake ??
    Did I bollox !
    Couple of months later lost another £40 out of same pocket :eek: and i'm reminded of it every time money is mentioned :mad:
    but as Forest Gump's mum says 'stupid is as stupid does'.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I was going down the A1 for a training course. I had put a £10 in the zipped up pocket of a lightweight jacket I had on over my leathers as I knew I would need to fill up on the way and didn't want to faff around getting the wallet out of my inside pockets etc, kind of dates the story only needing a tenner :eek:

Anyway I got to the petrol station, filled up and whilst walking in to pay found that my pocket had come undone and the money was gone. So if anyone finds an £10 note between Lincoln and St Neots please return it to me as it was a pain getting my wallet out :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I think And7rp2 ^^^ may have found that tenner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

I lost my Mrs once when she fell off the back, does that count?

• Like Like x 1
  19. sandman3791

sandman3791 Active Member

Travelling back from Cornwall once with the zips of my back pack at the top of the bag.
    Had some fresh bought crab for the missus and a toiletries bag at the top.
    Wind must have worked the zips open and off they went

Feel sorry for the roadside worker who found that