Lozzys New SP

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Lozzy, May 14, 2019.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Sorry...yes I forgot about the sp remap lol
    Firstly I have the remaps done in the main to get them super smooth, get the bike working better in the bits where it isn't and obviously fuelling better.
    I think it's nice to get more bhp/torque in for your money but I personally can never get the full beans out of an unmapped litre bike on public roads never mind one that's upped to over 200 like my mates!
    So..having said that...
    My Black edition was quite low on rear wheel bhp/torque as standard and really shocking smooth wise...all over the place in 1st/2nd especially. So big gains on that and so smooth it was like a different bike. Could feel the torque gain too...plus none of that oooo I'm just thinking about it millisecond moment on the throttle. Worth the £350 and more that one.

Now the sp was different. It was already smooth....more responsive on throttle..torque felt great etc etc. So I initially thought I wouldn't bother and then I was bored and couldn't think of what else to fit so thought bugger it as you do and had it done.

It was pointed out in first dyno run that the bike was running pretty well already and with a much higher bhp/torque than the black one , but I gave the go ahead anyway.
    End result was much lesser gains as to be expected but he evened it out a bit more and upped it lower down.
    I'd left the baffle in the akra too as it seem's to have got stuck in and needs a nuclear strike to probably get the sodding thing out :rolleyes: Baffle out will help top end and up bhp a little if I wanted it.
    It's so super smooth now I can roll off and tootle in 1st/2 with no throttle/ clutch feathering at all in slow traffic. No hunting or anything.
    So...was it worth the £300 this time...
    From a bhp/torque gain probably no if that's what you're mainly after.
    But I'm happy with the rest of it...
    I'd certainly have a standard blade done every time...has to be top on the list of mods :)

• Useful Useful x 3
  4. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Cheers, that was comprehensive and really helpful. I have been wondering about doing my one as I struggle keeping the application of throttle smooth in 1st and 2nd and was putting it down to me being out of practice but it's fine from 3rd on wards. I've no play in my cables but I think the best way to describe it is - I either get on or off (if that makes sense).
    Damn!! I remember in one of my first posts someone asked what mods I had planned. Not much I said, maybe a higher screen....the list is growing by the day since I started reading the post on the forum o_Oo_O:oops:

PS, thank you for herding the cats back on topic, hehehehe

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

No its not you or the throttle cable etc. My repsol wasn't too bad but the black one was awful...sometimes if I came into a tight corner hard and knocked her into 2nd it'd suddenly surge half way around :eek:
    Heavy city traffic was tortuous on my clutch hand trying to keep it smooth.
    Wish I'd have videod the speedos before and after....goes from a hunting shambles to being more smooth than @bazzashadow 's crown jewels :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Ps higher screen makes a big difference too.
    Suspension set up gotta be near no1 as well...for the average price of 40 quid it's amazing the improvement :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I had my '16 SP mapped and (as @Lozzy mentioned it was already fairly spot on) really only realised a few gains, but it did smooth it out where it needed it.

I need to look up the conversion from BHP (British Horse Powers) to HP (the American Horse Powers standard) as my bike was dyno'd on an American dyno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Damn you, @ Lozzy. I tried the same tactic with the gay guy at my local dealer and it still cost me a fiver:(.

9. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Thanks again but I'm struggling here with the crown jewels comment....I may need to shutdown the puter and have it scrubbed with a wire brush and Dettol to keep it running :D:D:D (Especially after seeing Barstewardsquads secret photo of Bazzshadow)...don't think I will have lunch today ;)

10. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Hahaha, American horse's are bigger aren't they :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: A few I know regularly go to Eleveneriffe :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Get real. According to the Americans, EVERYTHING American is BIGGER!!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Spygoat

The way the conversion rate is going, they're probably just a few ticks under the BHP going rate :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Spygoat

The entirety of the UK could fit in Texas...this place is massive.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Don't I know it...try driving from Mexico to Houma in the same day....I shouldn't have watched Deliverance the night before :(:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Spygoat

I drove from a base in Washington state (Joint Base Lewis McChord) to a base in Kentucky (Ft. Knox). 4 days.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Don't worry...the longer you're on here..the more you'll harden to it...and indeed come to relish such visions....:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Billy Connolley's Last Chicken in Sainsbury's came to mind!!! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Sorry if you've already mentioned it, but where did you have the remap done @Lozzy?

19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Spatchcock in bazzas case :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hilltop