Luggage

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Swancott2006, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Swancott2006

Swancott2006 Active Member

Hi guys i'm off to the Isle of Man next year and i was looking into luggage solutions for my 2012 blade. I was thinking about a tank bag a Givi xs306 and a decent waterproof rucksack total capacity between them about 50 litres. Anybody got any experience with the givi bag or any other thoughts? Thanks Wayne

2. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

IMG_1198.JPG I always use Kriega gear. US20 and 2xUS10's. I take a Kriega 25 rucksack, but don't carry anything in it apart from a helmet bag and a few small bits. Everything including my SLR, Lenses and charger and walking boots fit in my US bags.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Robbo52

Robbo52 Active Member

+1 for the kriega stuff. Fantastic quality, well thought out and easy enough to attach to any bike. I use the same setup as above, along with a tank bag. Rucksacks get heavy and make you fatigued on longer journeys. Keep your eye on ebay for used ones, they sometimes come up.

4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Probably more than you require. This is a 70 litre bag for carrying camping stuff (less the sleeping bag that was posted home).

It works really well, secured mostly with zip ties to the Hepco & Becker Sportrack - that replaces the rear pillion seat. It is a bit more of an investment for doing this kind of thing more regularly and generally carrying a small tent as well.

Probably more than you need, but I have been all over Europe to the MotoGPs with this set up.

At the TT this year.
    Douglas IoM resize.jpg