Made to measure brake house query

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeRR8, Apr 18, 2013.

1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Just bought an underslung brake caliper and although I have not measured if I need a new hose I m confident I will do as the length and possibly the orentiation of the fittings will almost certainly be different to stock.

Question is does anyone know anywhere that makes custom made to measure stainless steel braided hoses ideally located in the north west so I can take the bike over and show them exactly what I need.

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

3. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Cheers Gary.

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Just call Hel UK, simple :)

01392 811 601
    You will need banjo angle info etc

• Like Like x 1
  5. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure what a brake house was....except maybe burglary? :D

6. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Sorry i'm no use with the hose except it might be worth giving Jonny a call who's been doing the forum group buy on HEL lines.

Can I ask where you found the underslug caliper bracket as i'd quite like one for my RR6.

7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

8. arthurbikemad

If you want to mount the OEM Honda Nissin caliper you need to talk to Mike at FP Racing in the US, comes with all you need, mount, line, clips the lot. Looks ace too, other mounts take HPK Brembo calipers or OEM Brembo calipers that are 84mm spacing, Racing Brembo calipers are 64mm and need yet another type of mount normally made for the job..

Take note most Brembo under slung calipers will foul the OEM Honda wheel as the hub is large, some miss but ant say for sure on rr7, the FP racing mounts works fine, it was drawn by a chap called Rene and made CNC by Mike. As I say most under slung Brembo calipers are for aftermarket wheels.

9. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

OOps sorry need to change that :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Arthur came we the info (thanks again mate) its a trader from Taiwan called trc0928 who trades on ebay.

Just had a quick look and he has no items currently listed but keep checking as he does regularly update.

I have'nt fitted it yet but quality looks good and the delivery was extremely quick (5 days from Taiwan) and no duty to pay as under £100.

Hope the info is useful

11. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Yeah I heard that. I have Dymag UP7 wheels fitted so I m hoping there won't be a problem but not fitted yet so can't confirm.

I don't suppose you know on the off chance if the UP7 wheel has a clearance issue ?

12. arthurbikemad

Not that I know mate, the odd thing is and my reason for being a little unsure is I know people with say SP2's that are also subject to much the same problem yet they run the OEM wheel with no problems! Its all a little odd but my advice to anyone running OEM wheels and about to order under slung brembo mounts is check the returns pol..... :)

13. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Could it be it fits the sp2 wheel but not the sp1 wheel as they are different.