Madness

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kentblade, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Bank with Santander, last year were offering a linked savings acct, max input £200pm no withdrawals and 2.5% interest at year end., lovely will mature perfectly for the start of Christmas drinking expenses ;)

All’s good, years up £2400 plus about 3 shillings & 2 farthings interest automatically paid back into my main current acct.

New interest rate is 0.1%, so try to close the acct online....impossible... so ring them...ahhh you have to wait 2 weeks ring back and we will close it.....Growling, I grudgingly accept that banking incompetence is a right and not a mistake, and give up.

Phone last week and hey presto acct is closed.

Today, a letter arrives with a cheque for the closing balance ....... 10p!!!!!!!! FFS I bank with the fuckwits, and they go to the expense issuing me a cheque for 10 fooking pence which I will now diligently pay in just for the hell of it.

Words fail me

A9D6C190-0CE2-4639-91C0-E128CF788952.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

A 10p cheque is better than a 10p demand because I've had those !
    Mobile phone company '3'chased me for 2 months for a a small balance which they told me I didn't have to pay and they had credited to my account.
    So upto 4 calls / messages per day 7 days a week over 2 months for a bill which ,when I would ring them, they would tell me I owed them nothing and my account was closed. They even sent me an invoice for zero pounds n zero pence threatening to refer it to a debt agency.
    Not much you can do if computer says 'no' !!!
    I was worrying about a bad credit mark being registered under a payment default .

3. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Absolutely crazy. Had a similar one before with a phone company invoice for £0.00. Idiots

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

It gets worse, waiting for a set of carb seals from Thailand, 4 days from the middle of nowhere in Thailand to Royal Mail Heathrow, a week plus on still stuck there.

Just contacted their Customer Disinformation Dept by phone,

‘ahhh yes Sir, give it a couple of weeks and they should arrive’

Me: What’s the delay?

They are probably clearing customs

Me: Are they on strike ?

No

Me: So how come UPS, FedEx etc clear these in transit or immediately and 10 days on your telling me to wait another 14 days

Ahhh simple, that’s because they are courier companies and we are a postal service

Me: I was expecting a crap answer but that is right out the top draw, so being a postal service that allows you to be completely unaccountable and incompetent ?

Sorry if you feel like that Sir, but that’s just the way it is

Me: So was that a yes or no?

Not really just telling it straight

Me: Cheers for that, May I just suggest your wasted at the RM and you could make a lot more money being an MP

Thank you Sir so a I can count on your vote

:D:D both now pissing ourselves laughing and yes I guess they will arrive when the lazy fuckers at RM Heathrow get off their arses and do something.

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Well, maybe just maybe, my new potential MP mate did get things moving, a nice surprise arrived with the post today, time to start stripping the Blade

11C0E2DD-ECDB-413C-BD2E-0752BBED816A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

£200 PCM for 12 months @2.5% gives you so little interest it is not worth your headache.
    You save more by bulk buying your Xmas drinks :D

7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I ordered a digital clock on ebay for the bike, was watching tracking it said arrived in uk, 6 weeks later came to me Covid to blame

8. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I have banked for my son with Santander since he was one and I have banked with them for thirty years.
    Then when he turned sixteen he opened another account with them to bank for his wages.
    Now twenty two he applied for a loan with them
    Advertised interest about 3-4%
    He got quoted 24%:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I have told him to leave them and bank somewhere else
    Robbing wan###s

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Ultimately been with them over 40 years, as was forced into a Girobank acct as an apprentice when Post Office Telecoms stopped handing out nice little brown envelopes on Thursday afternoon filled with small amounts of cash, with the obvious result that we were all pissed and broke by Friday afternoon, then from memory morphed into Alliance & Leicester and finally the current robbing Spanish barstewards, guess like all banks they are shite, so that’s why I am still with them.

10. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

RM will charge you for their delay too. Customs charge plus RM fee. I bet you can't wait.

11. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Must be Christmas, was expecting VAT and handling charge, but dropped through the letterbox without charge

• Like Like x 1