Main Beam.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Tezza H, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Any of you guys know what gives the main beam its light pattern on a RR6, I don't know if its the reflector at the back or the bulb position.
    I've already got 5000K 55w HID on the low beam but looking to see if I can have 2 headlights on low beam, to be honest you don't even notice when main beam is on so 2 on dip will be brighter anyway.
    I've already bought another one ready to fit so its going in regardless :)

Cheers now.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I recall seeing in another thread on this forum that the high beam is directed by a different angled reflector. Apparently, you can use the same wattage bulb for both low and high, but high will always be a longer beam.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

I was thinking that to be honest, Ill stick the new buld in and try to lower the beam and see what it looks like, if all else fails ill just keep the new buld as a main.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'll be interested to know what happens because I don't know how much adjustment they have. A good Saturday task for you!:)

5. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Well i i might be able to lower the main and raise the low a little to balance them up, wont be today tho.

6. lardytkd

lardytkd Active Member

I had the issue of wanting double dipped beam. I was fed up of people saying I had a bulb out, lol.
    From what I've read, it's the reflector that determines the beam pattern.
    I also read that you could piggy back the dipped feed so they both cam on, but it puts a strain on the the alternator & burns it out.
    Thats why I went for the HID angle eyes, simple plug n play solution.

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree, Lardy. It is easy to get fed up with the 'polite public' telling us that our light's out!:mad::mad: