Main Dealer Service Costs

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Rob, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Bats

Bats Active Member

Mine first second and 3rd service on the blade was 39.99 and was done by myself castrol oil genuine filter nice honda stamp and sig happy days :)

And arthur makes my bloody boil that robbing fooks nice to see you charged him right good man thats a nice customer for the future you got there and all his mates probs :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

He's a nice lad mate, and how can you charge him to undo one bolt wait 10mins put bolt in and fill with a 10ners worth of oil! Next time he can make the tea!....lol

3. Bats

Bats Active Member

From all accounts you a top bloke which is why you stay busy and they keep coming back :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Mine is booked in on Thursday for the 12000 mile service and new tyres Rosso 2's.. £325 all in with stamp too.

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

i have my 12k service due later this year if we get any nice weather

16k will be due next year, how much will that one cost me ?

6. Bats

Bats Active Member

16 is the big one with shims i think? that are never out probs somert like 350! they might actually change you plugs haha!!!

OR you could do it all yourself new oil and filter plugs shims it and check everthing have a word with arthur he will no doubt no what the score is ;)

7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I would be happy to replace oil filter and plugs but checking the shims is a step too far for me. 350 is quite steep though

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrB

MrB God Like

If you can get your servicing done at the fraction of main dealer costs then go for it, I would. But , Overheads. Something the little guy doesn't need to worry too much about, nor the red tape and bureaucracy of franchise requirements.

9. Bats

Bats Active Member

Fez man i no where your coming from i really do ive only ever shimmed 2 bikes and that was mt cbr400rr gullarm and 2000 foxeye blade both were spot on and waisted i my time!!

The hondas seem to be mint for not needing doing i say drop your oil and filter change plug mint everthing adjust chain etc and have your forks away to maxton/K-tec etc for a revamp probs cost you 400 forks 50 O&F 50 plugs but gotta be better than spunking 350+ on oil plugs and shims!!

10. MrB

MrB God Like

yep, only bikes I know that needed adjusting was a Triumph. Every Honda/Yamaha done have been good as gold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I've never had to correct a blade, only time most superbike IL4s need adjustment is new (aftermarket or race) cams etc etc, Yamaha XJRs and of sort DO require correction as do many twins and so on and so on for other makes and types of bikes.. (I did have an 08 R1 this year with a half burnt through valve running on 3 but that's another story got a good image and maybe a result of correction not done!) I work on loads of MX bikes and am forever doing shims. MrB your bang on about overheads as I have very little if any as my little workshop is at my fathers yard and I sympathise with dealers that have huge overheads and have to cover costs, all the more reason IMO that work and customer support should be 110% better than the small guy as a few are, there are some A1 dealers on here who could teach small timers like me a thing or two I am sure... Stu at Cox Honda has done some blinding deals for forum members for example..!

#71 arthurbikemad, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bats

Bats Active Member

Defo arthur well said ;)

13. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Have to agree on the shim issue, have done over 200K miles on various Blades over the last 10 years and not one has been shimmed, the 929 I checked at 80k miles was spot on, never bothered after that one.